By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 Pro sells roughly the same as the Slim's debut in Japan

PS4 Pro sells roughly the same as the Slim's debut in Japan

Good numbers

Famitsu has sales numbers for the newly released PlayStation Pro, which has been out for nearly a week in Japan, and they're looking decent. According to the outlet, the Pro has sold 65,194 units in its first four days, accounting for roughly two thirds of the PS4's 93,512 sales. This is about the same sales injection as the Slim back in September.

Right now the Pro has a hefty amount of games receiving launch enhancements but the real meat is yet to come. I want to see if developers are actually going to bother creating resource-intensive patches in the short and long term -- because if the Pro doesn't sell as well as it should, we all know Sony will be the first one to pull the plug on the concept.

Well that, and the fact that it seems highly unregulated worries me.

PS4 Pro [Famitsu]

https://www.destructoid.com/ps4-pro-sells-roughly-the-same-as-the-slim-s-debut-in-japan-399694.phtml

Around the Network

Wow those are pretty awful numbers for a brand new console that's over twice as powerful as the vanilla PS4. I can understand the slims weak sales as I thought people were holding out for the Pro but this is bad news. Looks like the performance issues on a few major titles and poor marketing really took it's toll. Hopefully some patches and games that actually take advantage of it's true power can help turn things around.

How many japanese-centric games are actually going to use the Pro powers? I mean, for people just wanting to play most of those games the Slim and the OG model are probably enough to play those.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Pretty good sales. Over 100 thousand sold just in UK and Japan first week.

PS4 was such a huge success that people already own and are happy with their PS4, they're not going to upgrade to PS4 Slim or PS4 Pro.

Around the Network

Those are not great numbers. not bad either.

Praise the One.

Versus_Evil said:

This is how we can some up how well the pro did (and the slim for that matter)

that's the wii u

GarlandSteve74 said:
Wow those are pretty awful numbers for a brand new console

it's not a brand new console, it's a stronger ps4, a.k.a. a stronger 3 year old console

Sold about 3 times more than i thought it would.

As someone else noted: not great sales, but not bad either.

yvanjean said:
PS4 was such a huge success that people already own and are happy with their PS4, they're not going to upgrade to PS4 Slim or PS4 Pro.

I don't understand why a lot of people talk about console sales as if there aren't any new buyers anymore.

The PS4s isn't made so that people that already own PS4s will go out and buy it (in truth the og PS4 is actually better than the PS4s though the slim is more efficient). The PS4pro is more for PSfans and the new comers that want the best PS4 they can buy. 

Anyways, great numbers. I doubt Sony will care will PS4 sells more or less as long as they both sell.