By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 Pro sells roughly the same as the Slim's debut in Japan

People seem to not understand that it's completely irrelevant how much the Pro sells. It's just another option that doesn't lose Sony any money. If it only sells 10% of what the other SKUs do it will be a success for Sony because more consoles are more consoles.

It's also great to mitigate the used console market. If the people who upgrade sell their old consoles there will be more people playing who otherwise couldn't have afforded a new console.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
Jranation said:
LivingMetal said:

What.....?  Isn't the PS4 regardless of SKUs outpacing the PS3 as a whole?

Yes it is. I was just comparing its FW sales. 

153k for the PS3 slim  vs  93k for the PS4pro+PS4slim.

Yeah FW sales are down abit.

Intrinsic said:
yvanjean said:
PS4 was such a huge success that people already own and are happy with their PS4, they're not going to upgrade to PS4 Slim or PS4 Pro.

I don't understand why a lot of people talk about console sales as if there aren't any new buyers anymore.

The PS4s isn't made so that people that already own PS4s will go out and buy it (in truth the og PS4 is actually better than the PS4s though the slim is more efficient). The PS4pro is more for PSfans and the new comers that want the best PS4 they can buy. 

Anyways, great numbers. I doubt Sony will care will PS4 sells more or less as long as they both sell. 

PS4 Pro is meant to be for the hardcore gamer and Playstation fan, most of whom would already of bought their PS4. Unlike the Xbox One situation, PS4 owner already felt like they had the better console this gen and were more then content with their PS4 purchase. There no real drive to upgrade unless you have recently purchase a 4K TV and want to experience high end graphic on the new TV. It all depends on if you think of the PS4 Pro as a new console or simply an upgrade just like the PS4 Slim? In term of sales, the PS4 Pro is simply an upgrade on the PS4. If you felt the PS4 Pro was a new mid gen console then the sales would be disappointing.

yvanjean said:
Intrinsic said:

I don't understand why a lot of people talk about console sales as if there aren't any new buyers anymore.

The PS4s isn't made so that people that already own PS4s will go out and buy it (in truth the og PS4 is actually better than the PS4s though the slim is more efficient). The PS4pro is more for PSfans and the new comers that want the best PS4 they can buy. 

Anyways, great numbers. I doubt Sony will care will PS4 sells more or less as long as they both sell. 

PS4 Pro is meant to be for the hardcore gamer and Playstation fan, most of whom would already of bought their PS4. Unlike the Xbox One situation, PS4 owner already felt like they had the better console this gen and were more then content with their PS4 purchase. There no real drive to upgrade unless you have recently purchase a 4K TV and want to experience high end graphic on the new TV. It all depends on if you think of the PS4 Pro as a new console or simply an upgrade just like the PS4 Slim? In term of sales, the PS4 Pro is simply an upgrade on the PS4. If you felt the PS4 Pro was a new mid gen console then the sales would be disappointing.

So you agree with me?

Intrinsic said:
yvanjean said:

So you agree with me?

Yes, the target audience for PS4 Pro is hardcore and playstation fans, the current PS4 owners.

Around the Network
yvanjean said:
Intrinsic said:

So you agree with me?

Yes, the target audience for PS4 Pro is hardcore and playstation fans, the current PS4 owners.

While i do agree with you, what I'll add to that is that hardcore doesmt necessarily mean PlayStation fans. It could be someone that could have otherwise been willing to spend $200+ on just a GPU and the prospect of a PS4pro could be appealing to them. Or someone that felt they could always have had a better expericne on their PC and see the PS4pro as a good enough console endeavour. 

Whatever the case is though, what still is most important is that Sony doesn't care which PS4 sells more. It's not like anyone is paying $10 more for PS4pro games.