By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 Pro sells roughly the same as the Slim's debut in Japan

PS4 sales increased.
Job done.
Well done Sony.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
JohnTravolta said:
Pretty good sales. Over 100 thousand sold just in UK and Japan first week.

Pro did around 45k in the UK FW.

GribbleGrunger said:
PS4 sales increased.
Job done.
Well done Sony.

This, Sony had done a good job with the Pro and its selling good. 

craighopkins said:
nobody cares about uhd player. rent the movie. movies have no replay value

I kinda do. 

I haven't bought a physical disc in a couple of years but something about owning a 4k TV makes you want to see what it can do--and according to most videophiles, streaming 4k isn't quite as good as viewing from a disc.

I'm actually impressed by a lot of the 4k YouTube and Netflix videos I watched but I'm curious what a 4K Blu-ray can do...

GribbleGrunger said:
PS4 sales increased.
Job done.
Well done Sony.

If Pro has similar boosts worldwide then we are looking at 750 thousand PS4 consoles sold launch week of the Pro. Some might be disappointed but I'd say those sales are epic. 

jason1637 said:
JohnTravolta said:
Pretty good sales. Over 100 thousand sold just in UK and Japan first week.

GribbleGrunger said:
PS4 sales increased.
Job done.
Well done Sony.

Thank you Jason, so that's 110 thousand in both countries. That's really good.

I see you have a PSVR in your avatar, do you own one? 

Around the Network
JohnTravolta said:

If Pro has similar boosts worldwide then we are looking at 750 thousand PS4 consoles sold launch week of the Pro. Some might be disappointed but I'd say those sales are epic. 

The job was to increase sales of the PS4. It doesn't matter how many units of Slim, Pro or OG PS4 have been sold. What matters is sales of the 'PS4'. I will keep reinterating this (not that you're to blame) but because 'some' people and certain media outlets want to create the illusion of 'failure' by breaking the sales down into thirds.

The PS5 Exists. 

JohnTravolta said:
jason1637 said:

Thank you Jason, so that's 110 thousand in both countries. That's really good.

I see you have a PSVR in your avatar, do you own one? 

No i don't even have a PS4 ;P. I like the PSVR from testing it at a Store it's a really solid product. 

d21lewis said:
craighopkins said:
nobody cares about uhd player. rent the movie. movies have no replay value

I kinda do. 

I haven't bought a physical disc in a couple of years but something about owning a 4k TV makes you want to see what it can do--and according to most videophiles, streaming 4k isn't quite as good as viewing from a disc.

I'm actually impressed by a lot of the 4k YouTube and Netflix videos I watched but I'm curious what a 4K Blu-ray can do...

get a 4k tv with dolby vision. its better then 4k blueray discs according to critics. vizio and lg tvs have dv

GribbleGrunger said:
JohnTravolta said:

The job was to increase sales of the PS4. It doesn't matter how many units of Slim, Pro or OG PS4 have been sold. What matters is sales of the 'PS4'. I will keep reinterating this (not that you're to blame) but because 'some' people and certain media outlets want to create the illusion of 'failure' by breaking the sales down into thirds.

You're absolutely right. I don't understand how anybody can say a 200% boost in Japan and the UK is bad. I think people set expectations a little too high but we've all done it. I think you learn to keep expectations on a leash as you get older and wiser.

Too bad the Pro doesnt have a WW release. Sony has no plan for LA for now.