By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Why all the Clinton Hate?

Hillary Clinton is so hated because she represents so much of what is bad about politicians.

To represent a system that stands above the people (also called "the establishment", or at least a part of the establishment). The lack of honesty and lack of accountability. To be extremely dedicated and loyal to this system. To stand for a mentality that is largely corrupt.

Many people feel that in the parliamentary democracies of modern society, there's a huge gap between the grassroots and the establishment, between ordinary citizens and politicans. It may be the best system to govern a society, but it has its downsides. Many people feel that politicans don't represent and don't even want to represent the true will of the people. Many people feel that politicans are in an unholy alliance together with the rest of establishment, namely media and influential people (capitalists, lobbyists, the rich and the famous). They believe that power corrupts.

To the "archetype" politician, politics stand above virtues such as honesty, truth, justice, humbleness and the ability to admit you are sometimes wrong.

Based on her history (remember she is a veteran politician), her husband Bill Clinton's lifework, and based on the ideology she propagates, her rhetorics and her policies, Hillary Clinton represents this type of character very strongly.

Around the Network
Mar1217 said:
MTZehvor said:

I think this video explains (humorously) why so many people are so sick of Clinton (and Trump). And this is coming from a very left leaning personality.

The video is blocked in my country ...

Uh, wow...it's a bit from the Daily Show, which is an American comedy show focusing on politics.

What country do you live in, if you don't mind me asking?

Here:

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Because people are generally stupid.

There are legitimate reasons to dislike Hillary Clinton, or to be wary of her. But because some people are already predisposed to dislike her, confirmation bias kicks in, and they accept ridiculous shit.

In the end, we have a bizarre situation, where people on the right are putting forth a version of Hillary Clinton who is a mastermind that is cunning enough to manipulating the entire world through a network of shadow operatives, yet is simultaneously careless enough to not store her emails correctly.

The beauty of the alt-right's campaign, is that they've framed it as a conspiracy theory. This means that any evidence that goes against their preconceived notions are automatically suspect. Conspiracy theories are non-falsifiable positions, which allows believers to shut off the logical part of their brains, and just go with it.

JWeinCom said:

There are legitimate reasons to dislike Hillary Clinton, or to be wary of her. But because some people are already predisposed to dislike her, confirmation bias kicks in, and they accept ridiculous shit.

In the end, we have a bizarre situation, where people on the right are putting forth a version of Hillary Clinton who is a mastermind that is cunning enough to manipulating the entire world through a network of shadow operatives, yet is simultaneously careless enough to not store her emails correctly.

The beauty of the alt-right's campaign, is that they've framed it as a conspiracy theory. This means that any evidence that goes against their preconceived notions are automatically suspect. Conspiracy theories are non-falsifiable positions, which allows believers to shut off the logical part of their brains, and just go with it.

I assure you that there are a lot of smart people that hate Clinton.

I am pretty stupid myself, but well know as smart people do not buy into the people deception. Like Dave Chappele, Gene Simons, Roger Stone, Steve Crowder, Noam Chomski and even Zigmunt Baumman.

If you hate globalism, then you hate Hillary Clinton. A lot of smart people hate globalism.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Around the Network
JWeinCom said:

Oh my god, thank you for writing that in such a brilliantly simple yet effective way.

Because 1: Hillary is an incredibly shady character, even as far as politicians go. And 2: people are sick and tired of the same old same old cronyism in politics here in the US, and Hillary is the ultimate insider when it comes to the system. In fact, she basically IS the system personified. Has nothing to do with her being a woman... She's the political establishment's and media elite's candidate of choice, and they will do anything and everything to cover for her and ensure her victory, which is why half the country can't stand her.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Oh I dunno shes lying, corrupt and disingenuous, robbed from the poorest people in the world, is pushing for war with Russia and shes in bed with mega corporation which she claims she will protect the average man from. lol. I've never seen a more disgusting person. She represents everything wrong with politics.

JWeinCom said:

You've got it bass ackwards there.  Hillary is no "mastermind", she's only the candidate of choice for the global political and social elite that will keep the gravy train running for another 4 years.  Hillary has been crowing about a "vast right wing conspiracy" against her for over 20 years now, when back in reality she's her own worst enemy and is corruption personified.

Speaking of conspiracy theories... it wasn't all that long ago that the liberal left in this country and around the globe was insisting that George W Bush, a bumbling idiot and former alcoholic, was part of a government backed plot that carried out the "false flag" known as 9/11 just so they could wage endless war in the Middle East.  "Bush did 9/11" was the "Obama is a non-citizen Muslim" of the previous decade.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Clinton has a history of undermining democracy to get her way. She relies on secrecy, and the unknowing of the people to get away with what she does. She owns the Democratic Party. She owns the mainstream media. And Wall Street owns her.

I agree with Hillary (even if Hillary secretly doesn't) on more issues than I agree with Trump, but I feel as if she is much, much more dangerous than he.

bet: lost