By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - My PS4 Pro Arrived 3 DAYS EARLY! Impressions is up!

should have sold it on ebay and tripled your money. someone would pay it as they cant wait lol. local pickup only

Around the Network

It looks like you mostly like Japanese games, so Senran Kagura, EDF, World of Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest Builders and such are very good suggestions (I'm currently playing World of FF and loving it), but if you're at all interested in horror games, there's a sale that lasts tomorrow where you can pick up two of my favorite games this gen, Until Dawn and Alien Isolation, for pretty cheap (I know they're $19 combined in the US, though likely more in Canada). Otherwise, as to Pro Enhanced games, I would definitely recommend Rise of the Tomb Raider, Ratchet & Clank, Infamous First Light (I liked it even better than Second Son) or Uncharted 4. 

Was at a Walmart tonight and some idiot had stocked the PS4 Pros on the shelf early. They were just sitting there at the bottom of the cabinet, and there was even a space where it looked like one of them had been bought already.

Upcoming Games To Get

Definite: Kirby Star Allies (Switch), Mario Tennis Aces (Switch), Fire Emblem (Switch), Yoshi (Switch), Pokemon (Switch), Kingdom Hearts 3 (PS4), Monster Hunter World (PS4)

Considering: Fe (Switch), Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze (Switch), The World Ends With You (Switch), Ys VIII (Switch), Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition (PS4), Kingdom Hearts 2.8 Remix (PS4), The Last Guardian (PS4), Shadow of the Colossus HD (PS4), Anthem (PS4), Shenmue 3 (PS4), WiLD (PS4)

Normchacho said:
Ruler said:

i have read the oppsoite in what sony said, you require PS4 Pro patches they said

I believe the systems Share functionalities are seperate from the individual games. So, the Pro should be able to take a 1080p screenshot or video from any 1080p game.

This was also my understanding on the way it was going to work, because the Sharing portion of the console is not handled by the systems cpu/gpu but is handled by a seperate chip just designed to handle the capturing or streaming of media to remote play and that chip just handles video at 720p in the base model but has been upgraded to a 1080p version of the same chip in the pro.

http://www.nextpowerup.com/news/5390/sony-playstation-4-torn-down-reveals-secondary-arm-processor-and-2-gb-ram-chip/

This lil guy, got an upgrade as far as I know to handle 1080p rather than just 720p.

Ugh... will link this but the article is massively negative towards the Pro upgrade in general

https://gamerant.com/ps4-pro-share-4k-screenshots-1080p-video/

But they go into the share abilitys of the Pro model, I do think it's just a system wide change which the system has and since it isn't being done by the games themselves but the extra Arm chip in the system it shouldn't require the games to be altered in the slightest, will just be the Share functionality of the system commiting a 1080p video to the HDD rather than a 720p capture.

Fancy hearing me on an amateur podcast with friends gushing over one of my favourite games? https://youtu.be/1I7JfMMxhf8

Captain_Yuri said:

Also recommend me some gamez please!

World of FF, Ratchet and Clank, Until Dawn, Digimon, Atelier Sohpie, Dragon Quest Heros.

Around the Network

Also two things.

Turn down the volume and dim the light on the controller.

Enable two-step verification for your account.

"Wheel me out to the curb for garbage day"

"All it takes is one voice to start this, let’s voice the voiceless, let’s arm the harmless"

Can't wait to get mine, have a 1TB SSD ready for the ultimate experience :))

Reaper2170 said:

1TB SSD? That's crazy! What model is it?

Radek said:
Reaper2170 said:

1TB SSD? That's crazy! What model is it?

Crucial MX300 1TB, definately not cheap haha but I cant live with capacity lower than 1TB and with so many of the games i've been playing having terrible loading times, im hoping the support of SATA 3 will make a sizeable difference. I'm happy to post my own results if there isnt already a comprehensive post from eurogamer before launch. 

Captain_Yuri said:
Jpcc86 said:
Is it amazing or is it just fantastic?

It's faptastic! Its a bit heavy but feels super solid!

i am afraid your PS4 pro will turns it's color  into slime white