By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - My PS4 Pro Arrived 3 DAYS EARLY! Impressions is up!

Was at a Walmart tonight and some idiot had stocked the PS4 Pros on the shelf early. They were just sitting there at the bottom of the cabinet, and there was even a space where it looked like one of them had been bought already.

Upcoming Games To Get

Definite: Kirby Star Allies (Switch), Mario Tennis Aces (Switch), Fire Emblem (Switch), Yoshi (Switch), Pokemon (Switch), Kingdom Hearts 3 (PS4), Monster Hunter World (PS4)

Considering: Fe (Switch), Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze (Switch), The World Ends With You (Switch), Ys VIII (Switch), Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition (PS4), Kingdom Hearts 2.8 Remix (PS4), The Last Guardian (PS4), Shadow of the Colossus HD (PS4), Anthem (PS4), Shenmue 3 (PS4), WiLD (PS4)

Around the Network
Normchacho said:
Ruler said:

i have read the oppsoite in what sony said, you require PS4 Pro patches they said

I believe the systems Share functionalities are seperate from the individual games. So, the Pro should be able to take a 1080p screenshot or video from any 1080p game.

This was also my understanding on the way it was going to work, because the Sharing portion of the console is not handled by the systems cpu/gpu but is handled by a seperate chip just designed to handle the capturing or streaming of media to remote play and that chip just handles video at 720p in the base model but has been upgraded to a 1080p version of the same chip in the pro.

http://www.nextpowerup.com/news/5390/sony-playstation-4-torn-down-reveals-secondary-arm-processor-and-2-gb-ram-chip/

This lil guy, got an upgrade as far as I know to handle 1080p rather than just 720p.

Ugh... will link this but the article is massively negative towards the Pro upgrade in general

https://gamerant.com/ps4-pro-share-4k-screenshots-1080p-video/

But they go into the share abilitys of the Pro model, I do think it's just a system wide change which the system has and since it isn't being done by the games themselves but the extra Arm chip in the system it shouldn't require the games to be altered in the slightest, will just be the Share functionality of the system commiting a 1080p video to the HDD rather than a 720p capture.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Captain_Yuri said:

Also recommend me some gamez please!

World of FF, Ratchet and Clank, Until Dawn, Digimon, Atelier Sohpie, Dragon Quest Heros.

Can't wait to get mine, have a 1TB SSD ready for the ultimate experience :))

Radek said:
Reaper2170 said:
Can't wait to get mine, have a 1TB SSD ready for the ultimate experience :))

1TB SSD? That's crazy! What model is it?

Crucial MX300 1TB, definately not cheap haha but I cant live with capacity lower than 1TB and with so many of the games i've been playing having terrible loading times, im hoping the support of SATA 3 will make a sizeable difference. I'm happy to post my own results if there isnt already a comprehensive post from eurogamer before launch. 

Around the Network
Captain_Yuri said:
Jpcc86 said:
Is it amazing or is it just fantastic?

It's faptastic! Its a bit heavy but feels super solid!

i am afraid your PS4 pro will turns it's color  into slime white 

Try The Last of Us remasters if you haven't played it yet. Epic game. Also GTA5 is brilliant. Maybe next pick up PSVR

You lucky man... Driveclub, Uncharted, Infamous, Heavy Rain/Beyond Two Souls, Saint Seiya: Souls of Gold are amoung the most beutiful games I played on the normal, I want to see the pro version.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Congrats man, the console looks so beautiful! :)

Ganoncrotch said:
Cartmanbrah said:

I can care less if you believe me or not. I don't got to prove it to you or anyone else. If I could I would just to shut you up but sadly I can't.

I am glad I was able to get one early :) 

Haters gonna hate...

As I said, I see no reason to not believe you! Nor should you have any reason to think I'm lying, I wrote it on the internet, this means it is correct.

I obviously don't believe you have a switch nor that you are a shuttle pilot.