By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - My PS4 Pro Arrived 3 DAYS EARLY! Impressions is up!

Captain_Yuri said:

One thing I am not liking about psn (and eshop had this nonsense as well) is that when you buy stuff, there are taxes on top of it! Like urghhh.

Meanwhile on steam, when you buy something, there is no taxes! Like wtf... Does anyone know why with consoles, you get taxed while with steam, you don't?

Are you sure?  I never seen taxes charged on me and I buy a lot of digital games on psn unless it is a region thing.

Around the Network
Captain_Yuri said:

One thing I am not liking about psn (and eshop had this nonsense as well) is that when you buy stuff, there are taxes on top of it! Like urghhh.

Meanwhile on steam, when you buy something, there is no taxes! Like wtf... Does anyone know why with consoles, you get taxed while with steam, you don't?

Steam does charge you taxes, but they're in the final price. XBL does the same. Don't know if Sony has a different policy, but I do remember them usually breaking down the cost of your purchases so you were able to see the tax... 

I don't really know... Having to upload money to a wallet online rather than turnkey payments was one of the reasons I stopped using PSN altogether... 

I also got one due to a turn in promotion on my local store. It's the only way i'd consider it. They gave me 150 euros for my near launch PS4, so it cost me 250 euros.

It actually looks prettier than i thought. The PS logo is not only an indentation but its a silver shiny surface. I was surprised with that. It looked pretty cool.

I'm just upset that Sony is just locking all of the power form the Pro to not upset PS4 owners. But i'm sure that will be fixed in time.

I did get this in hope of better FPS'. It seems FFXV is gonna deliver, so i'm happy about that.

Angelv577 said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Are you sure?  I never seen taxes charged on me and I buy a lot of digital games on psn unless it is a region thing.

Upon further inspection and talking with paypal, apperently it was paypal and not psn that charged me extra. My bad T_T

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

AsGryffynn said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Steam does charge you taxes, but they're in the final price. XBL does the same. Don't know if Sony has a different policy, but I do remember them usually breaking down the cost of your purchases so you were able to see the tax... 

I don't really know... Having to upload money to a wallet online rather than turnkey payments was one of the reasons I stopped using PSN altogether... 

Really? Cause they never charged me taxes before since the prices they have are the same as with retail games before taxes.

Anyway, psn didn't charge me afterall, it was paypal

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network
Nem said:

I also got one due to a turn in promotion on my local store. It's the only way i'd consider it. They gave me 150 euros for my near launch PS4, so it cost me 250 euros.

It actually looks prettier than i thought. The PS logo is not only an indentation but its a silver shiny surface. I was surprised with that. It looked pretty cool.

I'm just upset that Sony is just locking all of the power form the Pro to not upset PS4 owners. But i'm sure that will be fixed in time.

I did get this in hope of better FPS'. It seems FFXV is gonna deliver, so i'm happy about that.

Noicee! I did play FFXV Japanese demo and there were initial framerate issues in the tutorial section but once the open world got started, it was running good with minimal drops. But regardless, it will run better than the ps4 OG version

I do like the style overall and it sits comfortably. There are some rumors that the ps4 pro might be getting some bundles though over the holidays like if you buy a pro, you can get 2 free games. If that is the case, I will buy another ps4 pro first with the bundle and return the one I got atm! Amazon's return policy is godly

Captain_Yuri said:
AsGryffynn said:

Really? Cause they never charged me taxes before since the prices they have are the same as with retail games before taxes.

Now I am confused... Paypal charges you something? I've not noticed and I have been buying with them for a while (either it's a tiny cost, or it's for another reason)... 

And Steam taxes are the final prize. When you see the price of a game, it includes taxes. XBL has the same policy where they will tell you it's game cost + taxes but the prize is the one you see in the game's hub. In other words, the taxes are added into the prize displayed under the game. 

Edit: After checking, turns out I was wrong with XBL... The message will always display the taxes as being part of the purchase even if you aren't taxed (explains a lot). 

In PSN I haven't been able to find much. Was the surcharge on your billing history or the store itself? 

AsGryffynn said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Now I am confused... Paypal charges you something? I've not noticed and I have been buying with them for a while (either it's a tiny cost, or it's for another reason)... 

And Steam taxes are the final prize. When you see the price of a game, it includes taxes. XBL has the same policy where they will tell you it's game cost + taxes but the prize is the one you see in the game's hub. In other words, the taxes are added into the prize displayed under the game. 

Edit: After checking, turns out I was wrong with XBL... The message will always display the taxes as being part of the purchase even if you aren't taxed (explains a lot). 

In PSN I haven't been able to find much. Was the surcharge on your billing history or the store itself? 

Yea they charge for currency conversion which I didn't realize. Its not a psn thing, its a paypal thing. If I used my normal credit card, it wouldn't have gotten charged.

I am confused about this statement though. Like so am I getting charged taxes then? Cause if I am, why is steam's final price the same as the retail price of stores pre-tax?

So for example

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/activision-call-of-duty-infinite-warfare-pc-33538/10424852.aspx?path=38fe08ccc37e35c690aecf44d37d5586en02

That is pre-tax

http://store.steampowered.com/app/292730/

That is final

Captain_Yuri said:
AsGryffynn said:

Yea they charge for currency conversion which I didn't realize. Its not a psn thing, its a paypal thing. If I used my normal credit card, it wouldn't have gotten charged.

I am confused about this statement though. Like so am I getting charged taxes then? Cause if I am, why is steam's final price the same as the retail price of stores pre-tax?

So for example

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/activision-call-of-duty-infinite-warfare-pc-33538/10424852.aspx?path=38fe08ccc37e35c690aecf44d37d5586en02

That is pre-tax

http://store.steampowered.com/app/292730/

That is final

Oh, that explains it. I really don't use cash anymore... 

Steam factors taxes into the final prize.