By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - My PS4 Pro Arrived 3 DAYS EARLY! Impressions is up!

WC4Life said:
It's here!!!
Oh man, I hate doing settings, passwords and all that.
Got the data transfer process going, 6-7hours...and I'll have to do this again when I get my SSD...

Congratsss!!!

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network
Jigsawx1 said:
So a friend bought ps4 pro and its broken its loud in the start and then nothing blackscreen.... we search online and it seems that there is a black screen of death by the ps4 pro

Esssh, I hope it gets fixed!

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

AsGryffynn said:
LivingMetal said:

I've yet to play a game on the PS4 (but one), but I'd recommend this...

I strongly recommend NOT playing this. There's only one game to enjoy in your new console! 

Have both on my PC :P

Ugh so I just heard FFXV is going to be 1080p with an unlocked frame rate on Pro. I wonder how much EBGames would credit me for trading in my OG PS4........ $50 maybe?

#1 Amb-ass-ador

ReimTime said:
Ugh so I just heard FFXV is going to be 1080p with an unlocked frame rate on Pro. I wonder how much EBGames would credit me for trading in my OG PS4........ $50 maybe?

Loll! I wouldn't be surprised but I think you will get half off if you are trading it in for the ps4 pro. It is probably better to sell it on cragislist or kijiji though.

Around the Network
Conina said:

That is only the first estimate, that timer should go down after a few minutes. Which is your transfer speed per minute?

The first estimate for transferring the ~800 GB data of my PS4 to the PS4 Pro was 8 hours, but the remaining time has gone down after the first 150 GB to 3 hours. The current transfer speed is 4.2 GB per minute / 25 GB every 6 minutes (both times stopped)... that's 250 GB per hour or 1 TB in 4 hours.

Although the limiting factor will be the writing speed of the destination drive, maybe my 2TB-FireCuda is writing faster than the 1TB-stock HDD of the PS4 Pro... so it would be interesting if you measure a few minutes and tell us how much GB were transfered in x minutes, f.e. x GB in 6 minutes.

In the end it really took the whole 7 hours. Writing speed helps of course but in my case I'm thinking the possibility of a bad LAN cable. I only had 1 free lan cable available which I had never used and it looks like some old shitty cat5, lol.

I cannot imagine toilet-free life.

Kebabs have a unique attribute compared to other consumables. To unlock this effect you need to wolf down a big ass kebab really fast, like under 10 minutes or so and wait for the effect to kick in. If done correctly your movements should feel unbelievably heavy to the point where you literally cannot move at all.

-Downtown Alanya Kebab magazine issue no.198

How many times can you change your "Primary PS4"? Anybody know?

d21lewis said:
How many times can you change your "Primary PS4"? Anybody know?

Every 6 months.

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

One thing I am not liking about psn (and eshop had this nonsense as well) is that when you buy stuff, there are taxes on top of it! Like urghhh.

Meanwhile on steam, when you buy something, there is no taxes! Like wtf... Does anyone know why with consoles, you get taxed while with steam, you don't?

Nvm, it was paypal

Conina said:
AsGryffynn said:

I strongly recommend NOT playing this. There's only one game to enjoy in your new console! 

Fallout without Mods? I strongly recommend NOT playing this. ;)

Don't worry... PS4 mods are here! 

Captain_Yuri said:
AsGryffynn said:

Have both on my PC :P

0~0 That piece of hot garbage is on Steam? 

Good thing I don't use Steam! 

Seriously, I wonder what we need to do to have a system with all Japanese games that except Idea Craptory's backlog...