By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Forget trump/hilliary. How about the Pot vote?

Vote Yes or No to legalise.

Yes 123 71.51%

No 49 28.49%

Total:172
Teeqoz said:
StarOcean said:

I don't disagree with them being bad. No, let's make them illegal too

Should we also ban sugar? Where do you draw the line?

Sugar does not get you high and unfunctional. Just makes you a little more happy. But yes, there are sugar junkies all over the place.

Of course, some people die of diabetes, but I guess the line  is if, under the influence, you get dangerous to society in some way, shape or form.

Which is the big problem with alchool and psychiatric drugs, people do become much more dangerous under the influence of those, but they are legal.

It is a big conundrum. I guess the only way out is to keep a close eye on the effects it will cause in society.

My issue with it is that, after a lot of people get hooked, you can not ban it anymore. And, if George Soros want it, it is because it is bad: junkies do not take in arms to dethrone tyrants, I guess.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Around the Network
StarOcean said:
VGPolyglot said:

Well, just because it already happens doesn't mean it's right. I say that it's very unfair for people to work with no compensation. Prisoners are still human, and a lot of them are there for non-violent crimes.

Isn't that the same argument I used about pot that you disagreed with?

I don't know what you're referring to. I'm saying that there are too many prisoners, and that marijuana should be legalized so that they're not in jail. However, I believe that even after that the people that are in jail should not be forced to work for free or even an unfair wage, as they are still people and therefore should be treated as such.

StarOcean said:
Teeqoz said:

We could. Humans are stupid creatures in a general sense; practically need to be spoon-fed in order to do anything right. I would draw the line at near term and overall long term effects really. 

What about video games?

"I would draw the line at near term and overall long term effects really". There's no way to quantize that. The statement means nothing.

Teeqoz said:
StarOcean said:

I don't disagree with them being bad. No, let's make them illegal too

Conversely, where do we draw the line on the other side of the spectrum?

WagnerPaiva said:
Teeqoz said:

Sugar does not get you high and unfunctional. Just makes you a little more happy. But yes, there are sugar junkies all over the place.

Of course, some people die of diabetes, but I guess the line  is if, under the influence, you get dangerous to society in some way, shape or form.

Which is the big problem with alchool and psychiatric drugs, people do become much more dangerous under the influence of those, but they are legal.

It is a big conundrum. I guess the only way out is to keep a close eye on the effects it will cause in society.

My issue with it is that, after a lot of people get hooked, you can not ban it anymore. And, if George Soros want it, it is because it is bad: junkies do not take in arms to dethrone tyrants, I guess.

Sugar doesn't only kill you from diabetes, it is also responsible of a lot anxiety disorders and when you stop taking sugar you feel terrible for days, your body feels tired, your head hurts, the person becomes irritable and even depresive, it totally works like a drug and is the reason of the success of so many big companies, which at the same time is the reason why is never called by its true name anywhere: drug.

Around the Network
Goodnightmoon said:
WagnerPaiva said:

Sugar doesn't only kill you from diabetes, it is also responsible of a lot anxiety disorders and when you stop taking sugar you feel terrible for days, your body feels tired, your head hurts, the person becomes irritable and almost depresive, it totally works like a drug and is the reason of the success of so many big companies, which at the same time is the reason why is never called by its true name anywhere, drug.

Yes, I think I am a borderline sugar junkie. I avoid it at all costs, but, once a week, I got to, just have to, eat a TWIX, a Snickers or a Kit Kat bar.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

jigokutamago said:
Teeqoz said:

Conversely, where do we draw the line on the other side of the spectrum?

Stuff like heroin, cocaine, etc.

Substances where there is a high likelihood of users hurting themselves and/or others, both mentally and physically.

If hemp was not so addictive you guys could just make tourism to hemp states once in a while to have some. But you could not bring it back home.

VGPolyglot said:
StarOcean said:

Isn't that the same argument I used about pot that you disagreed with?

I don't know what you're referring to. I'm saying that there are too many prisoners, and that marijuana should be legalized so that they're not in jail. However, I believe that even after that the people that are in jail should not be forced to work for free or even an unfair wage, as they are still people and therefore should be treated as such.

Idk I believe certain people should be treated like work animals. Serial killers and serial rapists -the irredeemable. They could be put into forced labor. Better than them living comfy in prison or reading a book on death row for years.

Should they go to jail for it? No. Pot isnt a serious enough offense. However, abusers should be forced to take some courses on responsiblity with drugs and other potentially hazardous things. It's important we keep people educated on matters like that 

spurgeonryan said:
Will the government make more from fines or taxes on it?

I could Care less. It is about as bad as alcohol in my eyes. Legalize it already so we can be done with this never ending discussion in America.

Indeed, they could turn into a fine subjected misdemeanor in all states, that would solve the "taxes money into putting junkies in jail" argument, which is valid, cause jail is a expensive thing.