By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Forget trump/hilliary. How about the Pot vote?

Vote Yes or No to legalise.

Yes 123 71.51%

No 49 28.49%

Total:172
VGPolyglot said:
StarOcean said:

I consider it a medicine and just like a medicine I wouldn't want the general public to have easy access to it. If it's used for medical purposes, then sure, have it legal. However, I don't believe it should be recreational just like how medicine, such as alprazolam, shouldn't be used recreationally. 

But it has caused millions of people to be in jail, specifically blacks as they are disportionately targeted. It's a waste of money and ruins lots of lives: people will access it no matter what, and legalizing it will allow it to be safer.

Which is why you dispose of the people breaking the law instead of keeping them in prison. Or put them to use and make them free labor. There's a lot of untapped use in people in jail. Potential the government could benefit from

Around the Network
VGPolyglot said:
StarOcean said:

I consider it a medicine and just like a medicine I wouldn't want the general public to have easy access to it. If it's used for medical purposes, then sure, have it legal. However, I don't believe it should be recreational just like how medicine, such as alprazolam, shouldn't be used recreationally. 

But it has caused millions of people to be in jail, specifically blacks as they are disportionately targeted. It's a waste of money and ruins lots of lives: people will access it no matter what, and legalizing it will allow it to be safer.

And for what I heard when you go to jail there you carry that curse with you forever when you are looking for jobs, is really a way to ruin people´s life.

No. People are idiots enough driving,don't need more idiots. I detest drugs and been in that world of drugs. It's not as innocent as people want to believe. Should stay illegal and trying not to get to far into it because I get kinda pissed off. I'm fine with medical purposes but not legal for everyone. In fact I wish Alcohol and Ciggs were illegal.

StarOcean said:
Goodnightmoon said:

But it is ok that we use things like alcohol that kills tons of people every year and can turn you into and irrational and violent monster but not weed that has not a single death registered to date and make people more peaceful? And what about the suggar anf caffeine we take everyday, those are adictive things that kill a lot of people too.

And why should anybody decide wether I can take make use of such a harmeless plant that affects nobody's life but mine?

See, I don't get this argument. I think those things are bad as well. However, I do not consider pot an alcohol but a medicine. And I know people who support legalization take pride in the "zero deaths" thing but I call that absolute horse shit. People do die of it. It may not be high but there are people who die from it. But pointing the finger at other bad things doesn't make something else less bad. Abuse of medicine is still abuse.

"See, I don't get this argument."

I don't see how you don't.  It's simple equality.  Alcohol, which is worst than weed in almost all aspects, is legal.  Marijuana, which is less harmful than alcohol, is illegal.  The arguement is simply: why is a substance less harmful illegal, while the more harmful substance is legal.  Its just a wrong that needs to be right. 

Ouroboros24 said:
StarOcean said:

See, I don't get this argument. I think those things are bad as well. However, I do not consider pot an alcohol but a medicine. And I know people who support legalization take pride in the "zero deaths" thing but I call that absolute horse shit. People do die of it. It may not be high but there are people who die from it. But pointing the finger at other bad things doesn't make something else less bad. Abuse of medicine is still abuse.

"See, I don't get this argument."

I don't see how you don't.  It's simple equality.  Alcohol, which is worst than weed in almost all aspects, is legal.  Marijuana, which is less harmful than alcohol, is illegal.  The arguement is simply: why is a substance less harmful illegal, while the more harmful substance is legal.  Its just a wrong that needs to be right. 

I don't disagree with them being bad. No, let's make them illegal too

Around the Network
StarOcean said:
VGPolyglot said:

Which is why you dispose of the people breaking the law instead of keeping them in prison. Or put them to use and make them free labor. There's a lot of untapped use in people in jail. Potential the government could benefit from

That sounds a lot like slavery.

Soundwave said:
WagnerPaiva said:

You are righ. My father still smokes 1 pack of cigaretter a day. I heard pot is not that addictive, but I rarely see people dropping it till it scalates to harder drugs and they have to drop to stay alive.

To be honest, I deal with addicts everyday because of my work, hemp users look really weird, it changes them.

Tobacco users, you can´t know they are on it most of times, but hemp changes the person in a weird way.

At least this is how I see it according to my experience.

This guy doesn't look normal to me either. Should we legislate hamburgers too? I'm fairly certain obesity kills more people than pot. 

Virtually anything can be bad for you if you over induldge in it. 

Well, I guess America has laws about driving under the influence, so that part is covered either way. I think it is a bad idea, but I do not have strong feelings about it, specially because I am also a ex-junkie and my father was. You do not get high by tobacco, but I agree with you: alchool can make a person totally wasted and dangerous, but, you know, it is impossible to forbid alchool, remember the Al Capone fiasco back in the 20s.

But the mere fact that George Soros is behind it tells me it is a terrible idea.

However, I do not have strong feelings about this as a legislation issue: if something harms a person and his family, soon enough they will drop it or the family will be destroyed. Users will skyrocket, I am sure, but I do not see it as a very important issue.

America should keep some states dope free and the rest not. If you are a junkie, you can live in those. That is a solution...

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

VGPolyglot said:
StarOcean said:

If it was, it'd be indiscriminate slavery. However, people in prison already do free labor. I suggest it just be expanded on

VGPolyglot said:
StarOcean said:

Is exactly what america needs, put in jail a ton of people (specially black ones) for smoking or selling pot and make them fix all the outdated broken infraestructure that the government is not fixing. That can only have good and fair consequences ...

SegataSanshiro said:

No. People are idiots enough driving,don't need more idiots. I detest drugs and been in that world of drugs. It's not as innocent as people want to believe. Should stay illegal and trying not to get to far into it because I get kinda pissed off. I'm fine with medical purposes but not legal for everyone. In fact I wish Alcohol and Ciggs were illegal.

The driving aspect of it is the first thing I thought about. Hemp makes people slow, mellow, with a mush tone of voice: that can not help anyone driving skills...

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.