By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Forget trump/hilliary. How about the Pot vote?

Vote Yes or No to legalise.

Yes 123 71.51%

No 49 28.49%

Total:172

George Soros has a huge lobby to legalize hemp all over the world, I guess because it makes people more mellow and complascent.

Althought, and that part is rumour, his thing is Opium.
I am confident it will be legal in most of US states soon, still is ilegal here in Brazil.
I think it is bad idea to use narcotics of any kind, and also legal drugs to help sleep or antidepressants. Once you get hooked, is really hard to get off.
I almost lost my father to crack cocaine, and it started with hemp, so I am totally biased about it. He was in a clinic for 5 months and his wieght dropped to 45 kg, he was a little more than a skeleton.
Also, I was hooked in antidepressants when I was a atheist, but dropped 5 years ago.
So I hate this kind of stuff. But I do not see society changing by legalization of hemp, everything will be much more smelly, that´s all.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Around the Network

Never had any, never will try and don't know any people who use it. I think it should be legalized. That's one of the few things Germany is behind in liberating.

Wouldn't mind it staying illegal if they ban tobacco though.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

WagnerPaiva said:

George Soros has a huge lobby to legalize hemp all over the world, I guess because it makes people more mellow and complascent.

I am confident it will be legal in most of US states soon, still is ilegal here in Brazil.
I think it is bad idea to use narcotics of any kind, and also legal drugs to help sleep or antidepressants. Once you get hooked, is really hard to get off.
I almost lost my father to crack cocaine, and it started with hemp, so I am totally biased about it. He was in a clinic for 5 months and his wieght dropped to 45 kg, he was a little more than a skeleton.
Also, I was hooked in antidepressants when I was a atheist, but dropped 5 years ago.
So I hate this kind of stuff. But I do not see society changing by legalization of hemp, everything will be much more smelly, that´s all.

I've lost a family member to alcoholism. Why is it ok for alcohol to be legal? 

Smoking is more addictive than pot, far moreso. 

Goodnightmoon said:
StarOcean said:

I consider it a medicine and just like a medicine I wouldn't want the general public to have easy access to it. If it's used for medical purposes, then sure, have it legal. However, I don't believe it should be recreational just like how medicine, such as alprazolam, shouldn't be used recreationally. 

But it is ok that we use things like alcohol that kills tons of people every year and can turn you into and irrational and violent monster but not weed that has not a single death registered to date and make people more peaceful? And what about the suggar anf caffeine we take everyday, those are adictive things that kill a lot of people too.

And why should anybody decide wether I can take make use of such a harmeless plant that affects nobody's life but mine?

See, I don't get this argument. I think those things are bad as well. However, I do not consider pot an alcohol but a medicine. And I know people who support legalization take pride in the "zero deaths" thing but I call that absolute horse shit. People do die of it. It may not be high but there are people who die from it. But pointing the finger at other bad things doesn't make something else less bad. Abuse of medicine is still abuse.

StarOcean said:
Goodnightmoon said:

But it is ok that we use things like alcohol that kills tons of people every year and can turn you into and irrational and violent monster but not weed that has not a single death registered to date and make people more peaceful? And what about the suggar anf caffeine we take everyday, those are adictive things that kill a lot of people too.

And why should anybody decide wether I can take make use of such a harmeless plant that affects nobody's life but mine?

See, I don't get this argument. I think those things are bad as well. However, I do not consider pot an alcohol but a medicine. And I know people who support legalization take pride in the "zero deaths" thing but I call that absolute horse shit. People do die of it. It may not be high but there are people who die from it. But pointing the finger at other bad things doesn't make something else less bad. Abuse of medicine is still abuse.

Yeah you see those things bad as well... would you make them illegal though? So why weed?

I don't understand why people is so interested on decide what the rest does on their free time as long as it doesn't affect them.

Around the Network
Goodnightmoon said:
StarOcean said:

Yeah you see those things bad as well... would you make them illegal though? So why weed?

I don't understand why people is so interested on what the rest does on their free time as long as it doesn't affect them.

We should make them illegal. I would make them illegal and only useable for medical purposes if any of the previous mentioned had benefit. It can potentially affect others despite what you say. 

Soundwave said:
WagnerPaiva said:

You are righ. My father still smokes 1 pack of cigaretter a day. I heard pot is not that addictive, but I rarely see people dropping it till it scalates to harder drugs and they have to drop to stay alive.

To be honest, I deal with addicts everyday because of my work, hemp users look really weird, it changes them.

Tobacco users, you can´t know they are on it most of times, but hemp changes the person in a weird way.

At least this is how I see it according to my experience.

About alchool, ex-junkies can´t have any. At least it is not safe: It triggers the addiction all over again. =(

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

StarOcean said:
VGPolyglot said:

Why not?

I consider it a medicine and just like a medicine I wouldn't want the general public to have easy access to it. If it's used for medical purposes, then sure, have it legal. However, I don't believe it should be recreational just like how medicine, such as alprazolam, shouldn't be used recreationally. 

But it has caused millions of people to be in jail, specifically blacks as they are disportionately targeted. It's a waste of money and ruins lots of lives: people will access it no matter what, and legalizing it will allow it to be safer.

vivster said:
Never had any, never will try and don't know any people who use it. I think it should be legalized. That's one of the few things Germany is behind in liberating.

Wouldn't mind it staying illegal if they ban tobacco though.

I've never had it either, and I support its legalization.

WagnerPaiva said:
Soundwave said:

You are righ. My father still smokes 1 pack of cigaretter a day. I heard pot is not that addictive, but I rarely see people dropping it till it scalates to harder drugs and they have to drop to stay alive.

To be honest, I deal with addicts everyday because of my work, hemp users look really weird, it changes them.

Tobacco users, you can´t know they are on it most of times, but hemp changes the person in a weird way.

At least this is how I see it according to my experience.

This guy doesn't look normal to me either. Should we legislate hamburgers too? I'm fairly certain obesity kills more people than pot. 

Virtually anything can be bad for you if you over induldge in it.