By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why is UC4 considered a better game than Rise of the Tomb Raider?

While I enjoy both franchises I cant understand why UC4 got such rave reviews compared to TR.. it's a good game. But I cant see a single thing that makes it a better game than Rise of the Tomb Raider.

Please enlighten me, I am all ears. For the heck of it, include DOOM as well. That game is a masterpiece but while getting great reviews, it's off from the other two games, especially UC4.

Around the Network

Uncharted 4 has way better graphics

mM

A lot of people like ROTR more!

As someone who prefers Uncharted 4, I'd say it has everything to do with the gun fights. When they're at their best and most improvisational in Uncharted they're brilliant. Storytelling and graphics don't mean much to me.

Rise is certainly an improvement over the 2013 reboot but it still suffers from a jack-of-all-trades problem.

Both are imperfect games but Uncharted eclipses Tomb Raider in the scale and freedom of its firefights.

Preference, I guess..?

I enjoyed UC4 a lot more and they improved basically everything i disliked with the previous UC games and these problems was still in ROTR.

UC4 had better flow and the action sequences because the game didn't have that wave system as previous gamess, the enemy waiting for you as a part of the open world and once you done with them, you don't have to wait for a new random wave to come from some random spot i  the forest.

The score is barely better then ROTR so i feel it's justified

PSN: Opticstrike90
Steam: opticstrike90

Around the Network

Its subjective....... basically in this matter your tastes, are just differnt than most others.

Not played either but Uncharted 4 appears to have lots of great, inventive gameplay scenarios. Tomb seems like a linear evolution of Uncharted 2.

I like RotTR more but sometimes the story and characters were just embarrassing. Then again, U4 has some story issues as well.

U4 always had a feeling of "What are they going to throw at me next? Oh, this is cool!" While TR felt like "I know what's going to happen but now i have the ability to do THIS!"

Both are super polished but Uncharted was more engaging. That makes it feel like the better game--even if Nate couldn't jump over things he could before or use his rope when you wanted to, etc.

Oh, and nobody gives a fuck about Jonah.