By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why is UC4 considered a better game than Rise of the Tomb Raider?

Because it has a great story, better graphics and setpieces and the gameplay is also pretty great. The game is pretty balanced and there is a healthy flow in it varying from stealth gameplay, to solving puzzels, blowing shit up, climbing, collecting stuff and of course shooting people. It is the best Uncharted game of the series and for me it is the most complete game in that specific genre.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Around the Network
o_O.Q said:

Not one person in here has said he was wrong to think so.

Most just say they feel differnt, and that tastes vary from person to person.

Not played either yet, but the Tomb Raider Reboot was better than any of the first three uncharted games individually imo.

Because it is ?

Both are great, imo tomb raider has more gameplay value

Around the Network

Gender inequality! Nah, just kidding. But I've beaten UC4 and am currently trying to get through ROTR. I just like UC4's story and pacing better. It's so over the top but it's very well done. The graphics ini UC4 are much better than ROTR as well imo. UC4 is just an experience that rarely comes along, I just enjoyed it more than ROTR.

UC4 just has more of everything. It is just a better game in everyway.

for example, in RotTR, you cant even hipfire, or grab people from hinging off ledges, and there is no driving, and much much more. UC4 is more dynamic, it's just not only running for your life.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

it just has more fans because it has been the ace that moved playstations. The tomb raider reboot needs to have a few successful sequels.

hell if you asked mario mainstream game vs uncharted 4 you probably get a million mario fans come and say mario,

While Uncharted was up and coming, Tomb Raider was down and going. At least that was the general consensus among consumers and reviewers alike. Now, Tomb Raider has made a comeback and can be seen as being on equal than Uncharted. So now you have two good things you can choose from.

Not a clue. ROTR is better in almost anything but graphics, characters and plot. But what matters to me is gameplay, and ROTR has the better gameplay imo. It combines platforming, puzzle-solving, exploration, RPG elements and good gunplay, and it's all masterfully done. I actually think it's one of the best games ever made, so it's not a contest for me. I love U4, by the way, but it's just not the same. Both are ooutstanding games. But ROTR has better gameplay value, and more replayability. I feel like people enjoy more the fast-paced U4, but I enjoy taking my time to chill and exploring the environment, which is more compeling and interesting in ROTR. I still don't know what was the need about those big environments in U4, since there's nothing to do tbh.

I'd love that Crystal Dynamics made a "tomb" based Tomb raider though. More focused on puzzle-solving like ROTR tombs.