By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why is UC4 considered a better game than Rise of the Tomb Raider?

DanneSandin said:
I haven't played any of the games, but I did play their predecessors; Uncharted 1 and 2 and Tomb Raider (the reboot). Out of all the three games I enjoyed Tomb Raider the most and really thought UC were over rated. But like I said, I haven't played UC4 or RotTR

Tomb Raider 2013 joins Arkham Asylum, Resident Evil 4, Metal Gear Solid 3, Street Fighter IV, and Ocarina of Time as one of my "Games that never get old". I own them on every platform they released on besides PC.

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
Because people like it more? Pretty obvious.

That's got to be a contender for the least helpful comment of the year. OP is clearly aware that people like it more, they're wondering what aspects of it make it more widely liked.

(Spoilers Inbound for RotTR)

I think one thing that really hurt RotTR is its absolute mess of a plot. While Uncharted 4 isn't amazing in that regard, RotTR's feels like a discount version of Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. Mystical artifact that grants immortality being guarded by an incredibly devoted group of natives and a guy that's lived for hundreds of years, hero finds themself in a race against time to get said artifact before a cartoonishly evil organization that might as well be the Nazis, hero ultimately retrieves the artifact but chooses to not use it due to a last second realization. Only in RotTR, these points are explained far more poorly than in Indiana Jones. We get no explanation as to what caused Lara's snap decision to smash the Divine Source, especially after she goes on and on about how much good it could do for the world, and the dad issues portion of Lara's character arc is handled very sloppily.

For what it's worth, UC4 has plenty of issues in the plot department as well, but at the very least it does feel like its own story and all the major points are explained satisfactorily.

Because UC4 is a better game. Plus TR dont have multplayer.

chidori-chan2 said:
Because UC4 is a better game. Plus TR dont have multplayer.

Tomb Raider tried to copy that aspect of Uncharted but failed. I think it made sense for them to leave that out. 

d21lewis said:
DanneSandin said:
I haven't played any of the games, but I did play their predecessors; Uncharted 1 and 2 and Tomb Raider (the reboot). Out of all the three games I enjoyed Tomb Raider the most and really thought UC were over rated. But like I said, I haven't played UC4 or RotTR

Tomb Raider 2013 joins Arkham Asylum, Resident Evil 4, Metal Gear Solid 3, Street Fighter IV, and Ocarina of Time as one of my "Games that never get old". I own them on every platform they released on besides PC.

Sadly, every game eventually gets old to me :/ mostly because a new game in that franchise releases and builds upon what came before, and I guess that's a good thing =)

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network
DanneSandin said:
d21lewis said:

Sadly, every game eventually gets old to me :/ mostly because a new game in that franchise releases and builds upon what came before, and I guess that's a good thing =)

I totally understand. Something about them--every time I play them, I get hooked all over again. My current PS4 addiction is Return to Arkham and my current Xbox One fav is Tomb Raider. Maybe there's something wrong with me?

Of course there are other games--great games--that I have no desire to ever play, again. Hell, maybe even better than the ones I've listed. *shrugs*

d21lewis said:
DanneSandin said:

I totally understand. Something about them--every time I play them, I get hooked all over again. My current PS4 addiction is Return to Arkham and my current Xbox One fav is Tomb Raider. Maybe there's something wrong with me?

Of course there are other games--great games--that I have no desire to ever play, again. Hell, maybe even better than the ones I've listed. *shrugs*

Isn't there something wrong with all of us? Just a little?

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Uncharted has an amazing multiplayer.

KLAMarine said:

Worth a view for those who care:

Spoiler: he considers RotTR to be better as whispered at the end of the U4 gameplay critique video

I want to watch but the time commitment required is intimidating

Because one is exclusive and didn't come on the XOne.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile