By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. November bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

Swordmasterman said:
wonnepropp said:

What?
your personal preference does not matter here....

BF1 is the biggest multiplatform game this holiday
Gears is the biggest first party exclusive game this holiday (year pokemon, but that is handheld)
Minecraft is the biggest kids / family friendls game this holiday (yeah it's the biggest every year, but the first time bundeld massively)    

XB1 bundel offering this year is arguably the best ever

Lol,  Since I don't play shooters, I don't have any preference in that area.  Sony could make a Cod Bundle for November. Titan Fall did poorly, Tomb Raider sold a little less than last year's numbers, which isn't good, Watch Dogs 2 underperformed because it can't convice people at launch due to the bad reputation that the last game had.

Battlefield isn't the biggest multiplataform game this holidays, Cod will probably outsell it, and FFXV also has a  good chance.

You disliked the fact that Sony bundled a game that launched in March, the game that sold double of what Gears did in the USA, but a 5-7 years old game is fine ?

Minecraft bundle will sell well, the BF bundle will too. But you are overestimating the effect of those bundles. For it to be "close" the Xbox One must have a chance to win. It needs to outsell the PS4 by hundreds of thousands in order to surpass PS4 Pro's Pre-orders.

Battlefield 1 has been outperforming COD on the Xbox store, and in the UK. Also on PC it's destroying it. There is no way FFXV will outsell Battlefield 1. 

Around the Network

Minecraft bundle just went down one, just can't quite make it into the top 10 it seems

CGI-Quality said:
jason1637 said:

Well because according to VGC black Friday week made up about 44% of the PS4 sales in November last year in the US.

Even with the Pro this year the PS4 isn't looking so hot today where a lot of the month sales will come from.

So, now we're giving full validity to VGC numbers? Alright - one to keep in mind.

Regardless, without anything solid but "it was doing better last year", I can say that my prediction is safe.

Was just using it to show how big Black Friday is.

jason1637 said:
CGI-Quality said:

So, now we're giving full validity to VGC numbers? Alright - one to keep in mind.

Regardless, without anything solid but "it was doing better last year", I can say that my prediction is safe.

Im gratful for it, in europe black friday wasn't a thing, but the last few years its started becoming one :D and I picked up some ps4 games and pc games for almost nothing lol, but watching some of the people I follow on twitter people running in the stores and stuff, now I know what the south park episodes reflect lol, wow

Twitter @CyberMalistix

malistix1985 said:
jason1637 said:

Im gratful for it, in europe black friday wasn't a thing, but the last few years its started becoming one :D and I picked up some ps4 games and pc games for almost nothing lol, but watching some of the people I follow on twitter people running in the stores and stuff, now I know what the south park episodes reflect lol, wow

It's been shit in the UK. Some decent deals if you want a new console, but if you are just after games, it's been awful

Around the Network
malistix1985 said:
jason1637 said:

Yeah there seems to be lots of good deals on games this year. I saw battleborn for $10 this morning was tempted to pick it up but i already have overwatch so i decided not to. 

celador said:
malistix1985 said:

It's been shit in the UK. Some decent deals if you want a new console, but if you are just after games, it's been awful

In The netherlands its kind of the other way around :D, altough it is really mostly PS4 and some xbox games deals, but even new games got discounted by 20 euro or so, like dishonored and watch dogs, can't argue against that as a cosnumer ^^

Twitter @CyberMalistix

jason1637 said:

The XB1S is doing better than the PS4 in Bestbuy, Walmart, and its close in target but with an edge to the PS4. It's winning Gamestop but its probably not as reliable considering that the Wii U is doing better than the 3DS/XB1.

Gamestop- http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=28-xu0

Best Buy- http://tinyurl.com/lmz5wg4

Target- http://www.target.com/c/video-games/-/N-5xtg5?Nao=0&sortBy=bestselling (scroll down and sort it by best sellers)

Walmart- https://www.walmart.com/browse/video-games/2636?cat_id=2636&facet=video_game_platform:PlayStation%204%7C%7Cvideo_game_platform:Xbox%20One

Some caveats... Bestbuy has two seperate best seller listings and the PS4 is leading on it. It hovers around the bottome of some pages.  The page you listed always takes a few days to update.  Walmart has the Wii U ahead of the PS4 so if we have to cut the biggest gaming retailer in the country, we must also let Walmart go.  That leaves us with Target where the Pro is leading. 

Without a doubt the Amazon ranking is the most up to date.  And it shows the PS4 at number 1.  What we can't know is what number1 means.  Obviously.   All we know for sure is that the sales of the first and second item must be equal to or higher than 2x the sales of the third item... because of math.  So we can say that the total sales of Pokemon Sun and Moon must be higher than any other item x2 on the chart except for the PS4 slim.    This is also the biggest shopping day of the year so seeing an item in first place at two seperate retailers is very very promising.  Its number one on the Best Buy page you posted too if you scroll down to the very bottom in a desktop browser.   It should be updated on your chart to by Sunday. 

jason1637 said:
JRPGfan said:

So it looks like:

Amazon : PS4 winning
Walmart : PS4 topselling, but alot more XB1 bundles near top : XB1 wins this one.
Target : PS4 winning
Bestbuy : PS4 winning XB1 winning.
Gamestop: PS4 winning

It looks like PS4 is takeing this black friday.

Factor in Pre-orders for the PS pro, and Im like 99% sure PS4 is takeing the November NPD.

It looks pretty obvious that the Xbox is winning best buy.

Oops your right.

CosmicSex said:
jason1637 said:

The XB1S is doing better than the PS4 in Bestbuy, Walmart, and its close in target but with an edge to the PS4. It's winning Gamestop but its probably not as reliable considering that the Wii U is doing better than the 3DS/XB1.

Gamestop- http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=28-xu0

Best Buy- http://tinyurl.com/lmz5wg4

Target- http://www.target.com/c/video-games/-/N-5xtg5?Nao=0&sortBy=bestselling (scroll down and sort it by best sellers)

Walmart- https://www.walmart.com/browse/video-games/2636?cat_id=2636&facet=video_game_platform:PlayStation%204%7C%7Cvideo_game_platform:Xbox%20One

Some caveats... Bestbuy has two seperate best seller listings and the PS4 is leading on it. It hovers around the bottome of some pages.  The page you listed always takes a few days to update.  Walmart has the Wii U ahead of the PS4 so if we have to cut the biggest gaming retailer in the country, we must also let Walmart go.  That leaves us with Target where the Pro is leading. 

Without a doubt the Amazon ranking is the most up to date.  And it shows the PS4 at number 1.  What we can't know is what number1 means.  Obviously.   All we know for sure is that the sales of the first and second item must be equal to or higher than 2x the sales of the third item... because of math.  So we can say that the total sales of Pokemon Sun and Moon must be higher than any other item x2 on the chart except for the PS4 slim.    This is also the biggest shopping day of the year so seeing an item in first place at two seperate retailers is very very promising.  Its number one on the Best Buy page you posted too if you scroll down to the very bottom in a desktop browser.   It should be updated on your chart to by Sunday. 

You mean this http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp?st=console&_dyncharset=UTF-8&id=pcat17071&type=page&sc=Global&cp=1&nrp=&sp=&qp=&list=n&af=true&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960&keys=keys

Even so the XB1 looks to be winning best buy.

Also, the Wii U is not ahead of the PS4 at Walmart.