By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. November bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

CGI-Quality said:
jason1637 said:

On Amazon last year during black Friday the ranking were:

Okay, and? Why are you boiling all of this down to one day , while leaving out that there was no Pro last year?

Well because according to VGC black Friday week made up about 44% of the PS4 sales in November last year in the US.

Even with the Pro this year the PS4 isn't looking so hot today where a lot of the month sales will come from.

Around the Network

So it looks like:

Amazon : PS4 winning
Walmart : PS4 topselling, but alot more XB1 bundles near top : XB1 wins this one.
Target : PS4 winning
Bestbuy : PS4 winning
Gamestop: PS4 winning

It looks like PS4 is takeing this black friday.

Factor in Pre-orders for the PS pro, and Im like 99% sure PS4 is takeing the November NPD.

propperwonne said:
CGI-Quality said:

Okay, and? Why are you boiling all of this down to one day , while leaving out that there was no Pro last year?

didn't know you're a sony fanboy. explains alot of your anger
why not make peace finally and stop the madness?

yeah SOny fans have a lot to be angry about regarding sales. Xbox has been scary good this gen

celador said:
propperwonne said:

didn't know you're a sony fanboy. explains alot of your anger
why not make peace finally and stop the madness?

yeah SOny fans have a lot to be angry about regarding sales. Xbox has been scary good this gen

i'm not talking about sales,
hes angry at me for being a xbox guy, being right and not going away

JRPGfan said:

So it looks like:

Amazon : PS4 winning
Walmart : PS4 topselling, but alot more XB1 bundles near top : XB1 wins this one.
Target : PS4 winning
Bestbuy : PS4 winning
Gamestop: PS4 winning

It looks like PS4 is takeing this black friday.

Factor in Pre-orders for the PS pro, and Im like 99% sure PS4 is takeing the November NPD.

It looks pretty obvious that the Xbox is winning best buy.

Around the Network

If I had to guess right now, I think PS4 will be around the same as last year, at about 1.5m. I think X1 will be up slightly, at around 1.35m. So good sales for both, with the gap a bit smaller than last year.

And I see X1 taking December by a similar amount, unless Sony have a really good deal to come.

Xbox one S seemingly doing well at target:

Twitter @CyberMalistix

malistix1985 said:
Xbox one S seemingly doing well at target:

That's probably why its ranking a bit low in target. 

^^Meaningless without seeing Target's charts

wonnepropp said:
Swordmasterman said:

Neither of the 2 have good bundles. I don't play shooter games but it is clear that majority of the Internet thinks that Battlefield is better than Cod, atleast this year. But  Battlefield will sell  less than what Cod will on the USA. 

Gears sold a lot of bundles, but the PS4's Uncharted bundle outsold it in the month of launch.

This year, the stores and their internal deals  i will make a console the winner of Black Friday. And we probably have 200-400K  of Pro's Pre-order, that with the fact tht the Pro had a very good lead early this month.

What?
your personal preference does not matter here....

BF1 is the biggest multiplatform game this holiday
Gears is the biggest first party exclusive game this holiday (year pokemon, but that is handheld)
Minecraft is the biggest kids / family friendls game this holiday (yeah it's the biggest every year, but the first time bundeld massively)    

XB1 bundel offering this year is arguably the best ever

Lol,  Since I don't play shooters, I don't have any preference in that area.  Sony could make a Cod Bundle for November. Titan Fall did poorly, Tomb Raider sold a little less than last year's numbers, which isn't good, Watch Dogs 2 underperformed because it can't convice people at launch due to the bad reputation that the last game had.

Battlefield isn't the biggest multiplataform game this holidays, Cod will probably outsell it, and FFXV also has a  good chance.

You disliked the fact that Sony bundled a game that launched in March, the game that sold double of what Gears did in the USA, but a 5-7 years old game is fine ?

Minecraft bundle will sell well, the BF bundle will too. But you are overestimating the effect of those bundles. For it to be "close" the Xbox One must have a chance to win. It needs to outsell the PS4 by hundreds of thousands in order to surpass PS4 Pro's Pre-orders.