By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. November bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

PS4 doesn't need to win by 300k, 400k, 500k to be successful, if it hits 1.5m again this November then that is a great figure. Remember the situation is no different from last year, with popular PS4 Special Editions for Cod and Battlefront pushing sales into Novemeber just like the Pro has been this year. I'm not sure people realise just how good 1.5m in November is historically. BF in the US is far more important for Microsoft than Sony anyway.

As for who is doing better right now, it's hard to tell. X1 may have the next two bundles after the Slim, but that PS4 bundle is first and we don't know how much by. Saying X1 is therefore winning is pure guesswork. The next update to the monthly and yearly charts will tell us far more.

Around the Network

Anyone knows what was the gap between the PS4 and the Xbox One when the Xbox won in November of 2014 ?

Swordmasterman said:
Anyone knows what was the gap between the PS4 and the Xbox One when the Xbox won in November of 2014 ?

CGI-Quality said:
jason1637 said:

Its doing worse than last year.

Again, according to? What I'm not getting is how you're drawing these conslusions. Based on what sources (Black Friday isn't only about Amazon)?

This, all the while, continues to minimize the pre-orders. 

Wrong question.
Accroding to what evidence is the Ps4 not doing worse than last year?

Every indicators point out to the ps4 doing worse than last year.
Here are just some:

- way stronger competion. the xbox one s is a way better and more desiable product now.

- way worse bundles than last year
ps4 pro has no game at all. ps4 slim only uncharted 4, a year old game. last year was CoDIII and Starwars. the 2 biggest game that holiday. this year, microsoft has the biggest games bundles. BF1, Gears and Minecraft

- worst Black Friday deals.
Yes, the Ps4 Slim is no $50 cheapter compared to last year, but only $50 cheaper than the last 2 months. Last year, the Ps4 was $100 cheaper on Black Firday. The fist time, you could the get the Ps4 nationwide for less than $399 MSRP

- Ps4 is down YoY and Xb1 is up YoY
The old Ps4 outsold the old Xbox One by 1.3:1 in non holiday months and 1.15:1 LTD while being $50 more expensive. Now the new Ps4 Slim is getting outsold by the new Xbox One S 1.3:1 at the same Pricepoint. The Ps4 Pro needs to sell 1 unit for every 2 Xbox One Sold to make that up.

So here is my question. What exaclty points towards the Ps4 doing good this Holiday Season? I just see wishful thinking an expecations based on nothing
That is not how sales work...

Why do people think Black Friday is an XB1 exclusive day? What a strange way of engendering 'hope'.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
jason1637 said:

Its doing worse than last year.

Again, according to? You must be expecting an absolute crushing BF for the X1. What I'm not getting is how you're drawing these conslusions. Based on what sources (Black Friday isn't only about Amazon)?

This, all the while, still minimizes the pre-orders. 

On Amazon last year during black Friday the ranking were

#01 PS4 Nathan Drake Bundle (same)
#05 XB1 Gears Bundle (same)
#06 3DS Mario Land Bundle (same)
#12 PS4 Nathan Drake Digital Bundle (down 1)
#20 XB1 Three Games Bundle (up 6)
#21 PS4 Star Wars Standard Bundle (up 4)
#31 XB1 Fallout Bundle (down 11)
#36 PS4 Black Ops Bundle (down 1)
#43 XB1 Lego Bundle (same)
#64 XB1 FIFA Bundle (up 6)

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=7634357

Right now its

#1 PS4 UC4

#11 XB1S Minecraft

#14 XB1S BF1

#27 3DS Lime

#33 XB1S BF1 SE

#59 PS4Pro

#74 XB1S Gears 4

#85 3DS XL

#95 Wii U

#99 3DS

https://www.amazon.com/best-sellers-video-games/zgbs/videogames/ref=zg_bsar_tab_t_bs#5

Last year there were four four PS4 bundles with the top 100 not there is only 2. And one of them is ranking lower than all the other PS4 bundles last year.

Im not expecting a huge blowout for XB1 during black Friday but it looks like it could take black Friday and close the gap for most of the month. But I still think the PS4 will edge it out.

The XB1S is doing better than the PS4 in Bestbuy, Walmart, and its close in target but with an edge to the PS4. It's winning Gamestop but its probably not as reliable considering that the Wii U is doing better than the 3DS/XB1.

Gamestop- http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=28-xu0

Best Buy- http://tinyurl.com/lmz5wg4

Target- http://www.target.com/c/video-games/-/N-5xtg5?Nao=0&sortBy=bestselling (scroll down and sort it by best sellers)

Walmart- https://www.walmart.com/browse/video-games/2636?cat_id=2636&facet=video_game_platform:PlayStation%204%7C%7Cvideo_game_platform:Xbox%20One

In my country, where in 2013 and 2014 I think the WiiU was even outselling the xbox xD so no question who wins every week, its ps4, by 10 to 1 or so.

Anyway, theres also black friday deals, 90% of them are on PS4, but the people i've seen on my pricewatch forums are all asking them same quesiton "where is the good pro deal". Now there where a few, one for 369 with 2 free games, one for 399 with watch dogs 2 and the best one, just the console for 319,-.

But apart from that its been more yelling for a cheaper pro version, or a better pro deal then people actually buying the slim lol, even the slim for under 200 (yes under 200 euro) took a while to sell out, ridiculous.

On most sites, big once, like bol.com and mediamarkt, during the day I watched the sales, games all sold really well, but console wise ids been hard to find a website where any of the slim bundles, really good deals, managed to kick the 399,- ps4 pro from its spot, just isn't happening.

Now i don't know if thats a good or bad deal for sony, but its really noticable that the "normal" ps4 does seem way less attractive, while the xbox one S seems just as desiarable as before the pro was released.

If this translates in the countries where the xbox is performing, they could still win black friday and maybe even december, but people above arguing over november really need to get their facts straight

the ps4 pro (i dont own one im sticking with the ps4 launch model) is a beast, its selling the pre orders have been going on for many weeks, sony owns november worldwide.

Twitter @CyberMalistix

celador said:

PS4 doesn't need to win by 300k, 400k, 500k to be successful, if it hits 1.5m again this November then that is a great figure. Remember the situation is no different from last year, with popular PS4 Special Editions for Cod and Battlefront pushing sales into Novemeber just like the Pro has been this year. I'm not sure people realise just how good 1.5m in November is historically. BF in the US is far more important for Microsoft than Sony anyway.

As for who is doing better right now, it's hard to tell. X1 may have the next two bundles after the Slim, but that PS4 bundle is first and we don't know how much by. Saying X1 is therefore winning is pure guesswork. The next update to the monthly and yearly charts will tell us far more.

That wouldn't be really good. WW PS4 has been down since march, and its been down in the US for about 5 months.

jason1637 said:

On Amazon last year during black Friday the ranking were

#01 PS4 Nathan Drake Bundle (same)
#05 XB1 Gears Bundle (same)
#06 3DS Mario Land Bundle (same)
#12 PS4 Nathan Drake Digital Bundle (down 1)
#20 XB1 Three Games Bundle (up 6)
#21 PS4 Star Wars Standard Bundle (up 4)
#31 XB1 Fallout Bundle (down 11)
#36 PS4 Black Ops Bundle (down 1)
#43 XB1 Lego Bundle (same)
#64 XB1 FIFA Bundle (up 6)

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=7634357

Right now its

#1 PS4 UC4

#11 XB1S Minecraft

#14 XB1S BF1

#27 3DS Lime

#33 XB1S BF1 SE

#59 PS4Pro

#74 XB1S Gears 4

#85 3DS XL

#95 Wii U

#99 3DS

https://www.amazon.com/best-sellers-video-games/zgbs/videogames/ref=zg_bsar_tab_t_bs#5

Last year there were four four PS4 bundles with the top 100 not there is only 2. And one of them is ranking lower than all the other PS4 bundles last year.cat_id=2636&facet=video_game_platform:PlayStation%204%7C%7Cvideo_game_platform:Xbox%20One

Looks like Xbox One is doing worse too then.

One less bundle in the top 100. Top bundle below last years top bundle

wonnepropp said:
CGI-Quality said:

Again, according to? What I'm not getting is how you're drawing these conslusions. Based on what sources (Black Friday isn't only about Amazon)?

This, all the while, continues to minimize the pre-orders. 

Wrong question.
Accroding to what evidence is the Ps4 not doing worse than last year?

Every indicators point out to the ps4 doing worse than last year.
Here are just some:

- way stronger competion. the xbox one s is a way better and more desiable product now.

- way worse bundles than last year.

ps4 pro has no game at all. ps4 slim only uncharted 4, a year old game. last year was CoDIII and Starwars. the 2 biggest game that holiday. this year, microsoft has the biggest games bundles. BF1, Gears and Minecraft

- worst Black Friday deals.
Yes, the Ps4 Slim is no $50 cheapter, than last year, but only $50 cheaper than the last 2 months. Last year, the Ps4 was $100 cheaper on Black Firday. The fist time, you could the get the Ps4 nationwide for less than $399 MSRP

- Ps4 is down YoY and Xb1 is up YoY
The old Ps4 outsold the old Xbox One by 1.3:1 in non holiday months and 1.15:1 LTD while being $50 more expensive. Now the new Ps4 Slim is getting outsold by the new Xbox One S 1.3:1 at the same Pricepoint. The Ps4 Pro needs to sell 1 unit for every 2 Xbox One Sold to make that up.

So here is my question. What exaclty points towards the Ps4 doing good this Holiday Season? I just see wishful thinking an expecations based on nothing
That is not how sales work...

Neither of the 2 have good bundles. I don't play shooter games but it is clear that majority of the Internet thinks that Battlefield is better than Cod, atleast this year. But  Battlefield will sell  less than what Cod will on the USA. 

Gears sold a lot of bundles, but the PS4's Uncharted bundle outsold it in the month of launch.

This year, the stores and their internal deals  i will make a console the winner of Black Friday. And we probably have 200-400K  of Pro's Pre-order, that with the fact tht the Pro had a very good lead early this month.