By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - VGChartz Hardware Sales Update (01st October 2016)

This might just be the worst year ever for VGC and I think ioi gives zero shits. I don't even think ioi knows when the Xbox One S launched in Europe. It looks like he put the launch along with the NA launch but it actually launched the week before FIFA. Even forgetting that we also know the percentage increases/decreases in the UK for the week before FIFA launched and the week of the FIFA launch.

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/slim-release-sees-xbox-one-hardware-sales-rocket-1-000/0173127
http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/ps4-sales-up-380-on-back-of-149-bundles/0173486

Wii U tracking has always been awful. Never assume it is doing well anywhere, especially in Europe of all places. How would it being doing 20k a week over there when even the US doesn't sell 10k a week?

And the PS4 total is still whacked. Massively over estimated by at least 1.3m since the PS4 is at 41.3m the same week as Sony announced the PS4 hit 40m (Week ending May 21). Even assuming VGC's tracking has been spot on since then, the total would show 43.4m

Won bet with t3mporary_126 - I correctly predicted that the Wii U's LTD at the end of 2014 would be closer to 9 million than 10 million. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6673287

Around the Network

When is next hardware update ? Someday in December ?

spurgeonryan said:
Dr.Vita said:
Playstation 4 is a freaking monster!!! Nothing can stop it!!!

Time. Time stops all things.

Except time itself. *Dun-dun-dun!*

Ps4 is in trouble lads!

Xen said:
Barkley said:
Who's the one guy that bought a 360 in Japan? It must literally be a huge event to sell one of those in your store in Japan. "HOLY CRAP IT'S OUR STORE THIS WEEK!!!! WE GOT THE SALE!!!!" Then they probably have a party with clowns and hookers.

If you look at the last time sales were updated, it was the same, 1 console in Japan =P

+1 for consistency!

Around the Network

Wow, discussion is almost dead, numbers don't seem to matter as much in here any more, which is kinda sad since the entire premise of the site was sales numbers from the beginning.

Mummelmann said:
Wow, discussion is almost dead, numbers don't seem to matter as much in here any more, which is kinda sad since the entire premise of the site was sales numbers from the beginning.

Eh, there's not too much that can be said for these numbers but I think the PS4 Pro will change that a bit. Also, updating HW figures needs to be done more often if we want discussion to become better.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

AZWification said:
Mummelmann said:

Eh, there's not too much that can be said for these numbers but I think the PS4 Pro will change that a bit. Also, updating HW figures needs to be done more often if we want discussion to become better.

We will see again consistent hardware sales updates... Fairly soon! Can't say more! ;) ;) ;) Brace yourself!

Mummelmann said:

Sales numbers barely come in. When the people who run the site don't seem to care that much anymore, you can't really expect the community to either.

There's also the fact that this gen has been boring sales wise. It's all the same: PS4 outselling everything, Xbox One is behind, 3DS sales relatively good but decreasing, WiiU and Vita sales low.

tak13 said:
AZWification said:

We will see again consistent hardware sales updates... Fairly soon! Can't say more! ;) ;) ;) Brace yourself!

Thank goodness for Saint Craig!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---