By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - VGChartz Hardware Sales Update (01st October 2016)

Welfare said:

And the PS4 total is still whacked. Massively over estimated by at least 1.3m since the PS4 is at 41.3m the same week as Sony announced the PS4 hit 40m (Week ending May 21). Even assuming VGC's tracking has been spot on since then, the total would show 43.4m

Nope. It actually seems to be undertracked by quite a bit.

Around the Network
MohammadBadir said:
Mummelmann said:
Wow, discussion is almost dead, numbers don't seem to matter as much in here any more, which is kinda sad since the entire premise of the site was sales numbers from the beginning.

Sales numbers barely come in. When the people who run the site don't seem to care that much anymore, you can't really expect the community to either.

There's also the fact that this gen has been boring sales wise. It's all the same: PS4 outselling everything, Xbox One is behind, 3DS sales relatively good but decreasing, WiiU and Vita sales low.

Yeah, I guess you're right. One positive thing amidst all this though, is that there seems to less fan wars overall in here than before.

Ps4 is undertracked pretty much, 47.4m shipped as of September 31st and onlu 45m sold by mid october?

Weird to create a sales update yet you know its wrong.

Also 80k and 130k ps4 vs x1 in usa for 1 week seems crazy high

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

Welfare said:
This might just be the worst year ever for VGC and I think ioi gives zero shits. I don't even think ioi knows when the Xbox One S launched in Europe. It looks like he put the launch along with the NA launch but it actually launched the week before FIFA. Even forgetting that we also know the percentage increases/decreases in the UK for the week before FIFA launched and the week of the FIFA launch.

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/slim-release-sees-xbox-one-hardware-sales-rocket-1-000/0173127
http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/ps4-sales-up-380-on-back-of-149-bundles/0173486

Wii U tracking has always been awful. Never assume it is doing well anywhere, especially in Europe of all places. How would it being doing 20k a week over there when even the US doesn't sell 10k a week?

And the PS4 total is still whacked. Massively over estimated by at least 1.3m since the PS4 is at 41.3m the same week as Sony announced the PS4 hit 40m (Week ending May 21). Even assuming VGC's tracking has been spot on since then, the total would show 43.4m

Overtracking by 300k for the wii u isn't awful... You exaggerated my friend! And awful overtracking would be double of that!

At least, when wii u was/is overtracked,  the sales didn't/don't exceed shipments here, either close to shipments or just like shipments numbers! :) So, you could just say that ioi estimates the shipments  correctly. :)

Yeah, I'm used to defend vgd, albeit this year, maybe I shouldn't do it for hardware sales.

As for the sales in Europe,  It wouldn't be impossible to be higher than the USA'S at this point, wii u might have  the most stock there! Also, it was cited that Nintendo   shipped the last wii u units in Europe in that week...

Around the Network
trunkswd said:
CGI-Quality said:

I see.

There is nothing Craig and I can do when it comes to making adjustments. The best we can do is pass the numbers onto Brett and hope he makes the changes. 

Sadly, our former vgc lord is reluctant to do adjustments anymore...

PSV is yet to be adjusted down, but this is because he expects a new sales update or better an official one which won't come!  Last update was an extrapolation by  comparison of PSP LT sales ( in an interview with a sony executive ) , last official psv sales figure, and PSV/PSP a combined shipments from sony ir site, which have stopped publicizing shipments about its handheld console since march 2015 and a shipments estimation as of 2014 from a big  Japanese video gaming firm.

However,  Nintendo is vocal about the wii u and we have monthly updates for it on the npd thread! All of the surplus here, comes from NA... It's overtracked by 300k-350k there since summer.

Will ioi allow you and craig to make adjustements when you will take charge of hardware sales tracking? I mean adjustments by your own judgement.