By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Switch Will Ship 2 Million Units in Launch Month, Says President

"listening to what consumers expect from us when setting price."

I really hope that's true.

Around the Network

g'luck with that.

what little hype i had for switch died when they suggested 3DS will be getting a proper successor after switch.

kitler53 said:
g'luck with that.

what little hype i had for switch died when they suggested 3DS will be getting a proper successor after switch.

Provide link to that, unless you are talking about the fact that they said Nintendo Switch is not successor to the 3DS and Wii U.

Found it, I will still say that is a strange rumor, not at all confirmed. However wonder what the sucessor to the 3DS could be. 

It's really not much apparently. 3DS launched at the same period and sold 3.6M in the first month...

2m seems a good amount for a few weeks of sales, not too ambitious, so shortages will likely garner attention and reinforce demand.

Around the Network
kitler53 said:
g'luck with that.

They never said that

Barkley said:
Hmmm that actually seems a little low? Maybe I'm mistaken, would have thought a console would ship more at launch though.

It could be low or high depending on which day the Switch launches.It states here that those numbers are until the end of the fiscal year, or the end of march if you prefer.If it releases closer to the end of the month, makes sense for the shipment numbers to be smaller.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Reaching that goal shouldn't be too difficult. The WiiU sold 2m in a month. Granted, it launched in the holiday season.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Goodnightmoon said:
kitler53 said:
g'luck with that.

They never said that

They apparently did say that, in an investors meeting (or Q and A) after the Switch reveal. It was explained in a tweet by one of their investors (tweet deleted since then). 

Barkley said:
Hmmm that actually seems a little low? Maybe I'm mistaken, would have thought a console would ship more at launch though.

That's because the launch is at the end of their financial year, they dont want to ship more because if they don't sell more than 2m in march that would count as loss for the current fiscal year. Basically, they could ship 10m in april.