By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Switch Will Ship 2 Million Units in Launch Month, Says President

2 million in a launch month, for a global launch, should be possible. But the price needs to be pretty friendly then, that's good news for us.

Around the Network
Barkley said:
Hmmm that actually seems a little low? Maybe I'm mistaken, would have thought a console would ship more at launch though.

2m in launch month is good, PS4 had around that much at launch as well.

Faelco said:

They apparently did say that, in an investors meeting (or Q and A) after the Switch reveal. It was explained in a tweet by one of their investors (tweet deleted since then). 

That better not be true, that would be so backwards. What's the point of having a system that works as both a handheld and home console... and then releasing a dedicated handheld after... Can't believe they would do that.

spemanig said:
$250, baby.

My prediction is $299/£250 and maybe 299 euros.

Jranation said:
vivster said:
Seems achievable if it's a world wide launch.

If its not a world wide launch then Zelda BOTW won't be a world wide launch...... Which might seem weird. 

Do we have a definitive statement that BotW is a launch title and not just a game that releases within the launch window?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
kitler53 said:
g'luck with that.

what little hype i had for switch died when they suggested 3DS will be getting a proper successor after switch.

Was a rumor. Anyways, i think Nintendo is going to develop different form factors of the switch in the future, smaller and bigger but with the same games.

Barkley said:
Faelco said:

They apparently did say that, in an investors meeting (or Q and A) after the Switch reveal. It was explained in a tweet by one of their investors (tweet deleted since then). 

That better not be true, that would be so backwards. What's the point of having a system that works as both a handheld and home console... and then releasing a dedicated handheld after... Can't believe they would do that.

Well, what he's saying now about "you'll understand the difference between 3DS and Switch soon" kinda proves that they are planning to keep 2 different devices . . . 

Faelco said:
Goodnightmoon said:

They never said that

NDA type information is not given at investor meetings, so if it was deleted it is likley because it was false.

Wyrdness said:
Barkley said:
Hmmm that actually seems a little low? Maybe I'm mistaken, would have thought a console would ship more at launch though.

2m in launch month is good, PS4 had around that much at launch as well.

Depends if it launches in all regions at once.

During it's first 48 hours on sale in NA, UK and Japan combined PS4 sold-through 1.57 Million units. Can't find figures for mainland europe, australia and other regions.

If it is a global launch same day, 2 million really wouldn't be that much.

Faelco said:
Goodnightmoon said:

They never said that

"Aparently".... and it was deleted.... Maybe it was fake? Nah we should not buy the switch because this sure means something.

They also said NDS was not the end of Game Boy. It hasn't returned yet though.

They are probably in a wait mode just in case NX is an big fat failure, which is pure logic and doesn't mean we are gonna see a 3ds sucessor any time soon.