By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Early Nintendo Switch Sales Predictions

70, 50, even 35 mil ppl may not want this form factor, so if we're counting different models that play the same gamecard (crucial aspect) then it should be wildly popular...up to 100 mil.

imo The key is to (eventualy) have multiple devices stacking the shelves, and give ppl the choice to what fits their lifestyle, be it switch OG, switch xl, smaller HH, mini pc design etc. These are all Nintendo devices that play the same game card - and if communicated clearly, again, will be a smash hit.

As for this particular model alone, I think the worst case is beating GCN lifetime sales, maybe N64. But I'm anticipating more models that play the card, so ... will be an interesting new era for Ninty.

Around the Network

Somewhere in between the 3DS and the Wii U. I'll say 50-60 million if it's $250 at most. Of course this is an extremely early prediction and could be incredibly wrong like my initial Wii u prediction. PLEASE Nintendo don't sell this for $300 or more (unless it's a bundle that includes a pro controller and a physical game or something like that).

Not some people insinuating that they will do a 3DS 2. A perfect delusion indeed.

I don't know. I see this being another machine that caters to the Nintendo core mostly. The portability could give it some legs, but it seems more tailored for home ultimately. I can't say more than 25 mil LTD right now.

40 mil and it's going to be a moderate success but won't stay on the market for long due to the competitor with the scorpio and ps5 coming soon, I expect a NX 2 by 2021

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

It's going to sell more than the 3DS.

It is going to have have Nintendo's entire software pipeline backing it. We'll have Nintendo's home console games plus pokemon and all the handheld stuff. It's going to have a lot of games, and that is going to sell the hardware.

I LOVE ICELAND!

Around the Network

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

I will make my final decision when price and games are known. Without that, at $250 it will sell 8-10 mil first year, 85 mil lifetime.
At $350+, they may as well not even release it.

Lawlight said:
tak13 said:

Just for precision reasons, it got back to 199$  with the release of 3ds xl...

There are some for $144 on Amazon. Plenty for $159 on Gamestop's website.

Why did you have to reply to this?

The  price of 3ds xl was 199$, till new 3ds xl came! Of course there will be old models at that price, how else would they be sold, when they have become obsolete due to the revision release?

It's the same with Ps4/ps4 slim/ps4 pro price policy...

I'll be skeptical and say 70m LT.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

If it has Pokémon, Fire Emblem, Mario, Zelda, Splatoon and other Nintendo series with a good 3rd Party support, I would say over 80 million.