By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Early Nintendo Switch Sales Predictions

>60 M

Around the Network

Way too early, we need at least price...but I can tell that definatly will sell much better than Wii U. :D

This thread is gonna be pure gold in a few years!

I'm gonna join just for the lulz. My predictions are always bad, but screw it!

I'll say about 70 million LTD.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

40M, give or take 5M

45 million LTD and I'm being generous here.

Around the Network
Lawlight said:
Volterra_90 said:

I

3. Price. You can get a 2DS for than $100 and 3DS XLs for less than $150. Keep in mind that the 3DS sales only took off when the price was cut to $169. Will the Switch go for those prices?

Just for precision reasons, it got back to 199$  with the release of 3ds xl...

50m, if this is indeed hybrid and Nintendo isn't making 2 separate consoles. Nintendo first party will be insane when combined for one console, at least I hope it is. The market is big enough for PS4/XB1 and Nintendo to do 30m+ on all consoles if they put enough effort into it.

My best guess is more than the current 3ds sales!
This is a much better product, sleaker design and more powerful than either the WiiU or 3ds, so I'm guessing 70-90 million total maybe more depending on pricing and game development.

Which will in the end be the next home to the next 3d Mario, Zelda, Mario Kart, Metroid, Pokémon, Monster Hunter, Yokai Watch, Bravely Default, Xenoblade, Splatoon, Pikmin, Fire Emblem, SmashBros and many other handheld and home console franchises united under one roof.

tak13 said:
Lawlight said:

3. Price. You can get a 2DS for than $100 and 3DS XLs for less than $150. Keep in mind that the 3DS sales only took off when the price was cut to $169. Will the Switch go for those prices?

Just for precision reasons, it got back to 199$  with the release of 3ds xl...

There are some for $144 on Amazon. Plenty for $159 on Gamestop's website.

Its all perception the gamers perceived ps4 to be awesome so it sold regardless of the games. The Xbox one had almost the same games but was perceived average now the Xbox one s is perceived better than slim the one has sold more in its dominant market. Come March the perception can catapult switch to 80 million + or make it crash and burn to less than 30 million

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also