By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Early Nintendo Switch Sales Predictions

Prices at launch, expected sales extrapolated :

30-50M if $199

25-40M if $249

15-20M if $299 or higher :(

5-12M if $349 or higher

Around the Network

Very early to say... I'll go with 35 million for now, but that could change drastically.

I predict a flop. 25-30 million

I think it will sell between 30-40m units with the biggest market being Japan, I am feeling I am significantly overrating this because I think it will bomb in the US

Twitter @CyberMalistix

60mil. I think it can get close or do better than the 3DS.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network
Lawlight said:
tak13 said:

Anyone who predicts must note if he considers it a 3ds replacement!
Some low predictions are completely irrational if are being made with switch considered also a 3ds replacent by the predictor! I guess the high ones are with switch being a 3ds replacement on predictor's mind...

I mean if its also 3ds successor, how can you predict just 20m globally, when there is Japan... ;)

I already gave my perfectly logical reasons.

And they were the three best points of the entire thread (imo). I still see it selling better than 20m but like 35m max.

30-40M

If the OS is IOS or Android and the controller can be used on any smartphone it will sell more than the Gamecube. If not, it will sell less than Wii-U.

But Software sales and Nintendo shares will skyrocket if the games can be played on Android or IOS.

Without knowing anything at all more or less I'm gonna say somewhere around 30-40m, and this is my breakdown year by year; 1 year, 5m; 2nd year, 7m; 3rd year, 10m, 4th year, 7m; 5th year, 5m. That's 34 million units. Might be slighty more than that. Maybe 40m like I said above. I guess it all depends on the price, the games and the specs.

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

50-60M