By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Switch Preview Trailer

Neat

Around the Network

Early prediction - this thing won't sell well.

So pretty much what the rumors told us. A hybrid console that can be connected to a TV via a docking station with detachable controllers. Nintendo going for another gimmick to capture the casuals/non-gamers. I will be passing on this one until the game library beefs up.

Skyrim is a 2011 game :(. The Mario switch part went too fast :( No surprises :(

“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)

vivster said:

So it's even worse than a hybrid. It's just a handheld with an HDMI dock. Or is it?

I knew this preview wouldn't give us any new information.

WHAT? this thing is everything, are you in your whiny character right now?

Around the Network

Have they given the press a list of games coming to it?
So far system itself looks great (full hybrid like I wanted, IF i understood correctly, watched it without audio), but no games.

Platina said:
Not really impressed

Glad I kept my hype down for this

Will need more information to be sold on this system

Really Platina?I got so fucking hyped for it!

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

And no one try to tell me that's a "home console", that's a fucking tablet. It's a Nintendo tablet.

I still need to see more.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

The main concerns that I have right now is that the regular controller looks far behind the pads on the other consoles and it looks really under-powered.

But conceptually I love it. That brief glimpse of new Mario was awesome, and seems like Splatoon is coming across as expected, unless it is a full blown sequel.

Optimistic overall, but the power of the system is definitely a worry.