By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Michael Pachter disrespects Satoru Iwata, refers him as late and not so great

Busted said:
OMG Michael Pachter WTF thought he was dead LOL

Classic CM Punk. 

Around the Network
Acevil said:
Ruler said:

doesnt change what he said

I will say for once, I agree with you. Context or not, if you are trying to make a point, you don't make a jab at someone like that. 

Agreed. I have seen this it is somehwta taken out of context but it still remains disrespectfull. Pachter slowly moves from a decent guy who was shit at predicting, towards and arrogant fucker who is still shit at predicting.

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

But Iwata really wasn`t great. Wii U is a disaster, in his turn the company came from a smash hit with the Wii to the Wii U fiasco. Even if he was behind the Wii, in corporative world the only move that matters is your last move.

No one talks bad about Iwata. NOBODY. Patcher manages to make himself look worse in my eyes. I don't care if he apologized. The damage is done.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

invetedlotus123 said:
But Iwata really wasn`t great. Wii U is a disaster, in his turn the company came from a smash hit with the Wii to the Wii U fiasco. Even if he was behind the Wii, in corporative world the only move that matters is your last move.

His last move would be the NX, and as far as the success or failure of someones career, it is a cumulative of everything one has done. His move to put Nintendo on mobile has been a success, the 3ds was financially a big success  (even if sales are waning). His plan to expand into other media has results that have yet to be seen, but I can assure you will be a pretty huge success. The legacy of Iwata is far from over, and are all VERY smart moves financially. And this is not even beginning to dive into his contributions as a developer.

Saying he was not so great because of Wii U is so selective and short sighted, its laughable.

Around the Network

Eh there's nothing wrong with saying you don't think Iwata is that great.

But the phrase "late and not so great" is inappropriate.

Come on, that's not exactly a very bad thing to say, and it's not like you can't criticize dead people too. It was perhaps a bit untasteful, but no need to be dramatic about it.

invetedlotus123 said:

His last move would also include the 3DS though if we're not counting NX, Wii U is really the only downside.

With all the respect Iwata deserves, he was not great this gen.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221348&page=1#

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3