By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Michael Pachter disrespects Satoru Iwata, refers him as late and not so great

Peh said:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221348&page=1#

your Thread title is late and not so great tough

Around the Network
Wyrdness said:
invetedlotus123 said:
But Iwata really wasn`t great. Wii U is a disaster, in his turn the company came from a smash hit with the Wii to the Wii U fiasco. Even if he was behind the Wii, in corporative world the only move that matters is your last move.

His last move would also include the 3DS though if we're not counting NX, Wii U is really the only downside.

The 3DS is not that great of a handheld. I consider it to be Nintendo's most unimaginative/boring handheld to date. Remember, being a glasses free 3D device was suppose to be big deal, but that concept flopped. 

Xxain said:
Wyrdness said:

His last move would also include the 3DS though if we're not counting NX, Wii U is really the only downside.

The 3DS is not that great of a handheld. I consider it to be Nintendo's most unimaginative/boring handheld to date. Remember, being a glasses free 3D device was suppose to be big deal, but that concept flopped. 

3D technology flopped for domestic use, not just for the 3DS. Nobody cares about 3d Tvs, 3D gaming, 3d phones or 3D anything. People only care about 3D in cinemas.

And Handelheld market is kind of anachronic. Smartphones just can do anything a dedicated handelheld can do, and make it even better, 3DS still was strong because of Nintendo IP`s, Nintendo is the only one that can make handelhed consoles and have commercial success at this point.

Even Sony quitted, they are focusing on bringing their portable games to iOS ( and Android, eventually).

If teh Analyst God said it, it must be true, you infidels!!!

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

invetedlotus123 said:
But Iwata really wasn`t great. Wii U is a disaster, in his turn the company came from a smash hit with the Wii to the Wii U fiasco. Even if he was behind the Wii, in corporative world the only move that matters is your last move.

Iwata launched the two most successful platforms in Nintendo history. Yes the Wii U is a failure. However he launched 4 platforms. Wii, DS, 3DS, and Wii U. Three of which were successful. His track record is better than Yamauchi's.

Around the Network
Xxain said:

The concept of 3D falling is nothing to do with Nintendo that's a domestic issue the platform itself is regarded by many to be one of the best platforms to have been released let alone handheld so it doesn't really matter what you regard it as.

Barkley said:
Eh there's nothing wrong with saying you don't think Iwata is that great.

But the phrase "late and not so great" is inappropriate.

Yeah I came in to defend patcher to say you don't have to praise someone just because he's dead but after seeing him connect late and great it's not cool. 

Just describe Iwata without bringing up the fact he's dead.  Especially in a smart arse way. 

Acevil said:
Busted said:
OMG Michael Pachter WTF thought he was dead LOL

Classic CM Punk. 

I love when someone gets that ^^

Busted said:
Acevil said:

Classic CM Punk. 

I love when someone gets that ^^

I don't get it.