By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Top The Legend of Zelda Games!

What is actually the best Zelda game?

Zelda: Game and Watch 8 3.94%

Link: The Faces of Evil 11 5.42%

Zelda: The Wand of Gamelon 11 5.42%

Zelda’s Adventure 5 2.46%

Freshly Picked Tingle’s Rosy Rupeeland 19 9.36%

Tingle’s Balloon Fight 9 4.43%

Link’s Crossbow Training 39 19.21%

Picross - Twilight Princess 18 8.87%

Other 35 17.24%

See Results 48 23.65%

Total:203
ktay95 said:
I dont even have to show up and vote, knew my boy would take the crown
Didnt realise the Zelda cycle had caught up to SS being liked already though, arent we supposed to wait for BotW to release before we can like SS??

If TP wasn't so bleh it might have. ;P

Around the Network

I have really only played the first one and Ocarina, and just a few minutes of Windwaker and Twilite Princes. I wish I hadn't played the first one so many years after it came out, because I love the oldschool hardcore primitive style.

The new upcoming Zelda looks great but I doubt many feel it's gonna topple Ocarina.

Link's Awakening is definitely too low, as are the first couple of Zelda games on NES. Wind Waker and Twilight Princess are both way too high, as both were incredibly slow, fetchy, and boring. Art-style is subjective, but I found Twilight Princess to be bland, and Wind Waker's to be offensively childish.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Thanks for the work you put in Platina!

I will respectfully disagree.

Around the Network

Ew, Wind Waker doesn't even belong in the Top 5, other two are fine though.

I missed that voting thread. But I haven't played all Zelda games, so I don't feel my opinion should count, anyway. Still, I agree with the top 3.

“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)

Wind Waker and Majora's Mask...

Ah well, at least #1 went to the rightful winner. ;)

Well, this went exactly where expected. Frankly, I would put Ocarina of Time at the bottom of my list of played Zelda titled (all the 3d ones except MM), battling with Skyward Sword. Cause every Zelda since has beaten it in at least 2 categories (not counting graphics, but will count art direction), some more. I would say all of them beat the crap out of it in narrative and characters (which isn't saying much, OoT isn't so much plot centric as plot ONLY and there *are* no characters, just flat cardboard cutouts with silly faced drawn on them). My personal list would put Twilight Princess HD (and yes, that version specifically) at the top, WW below by a good bit, and SS and OoT a bit below that.

Not saying any of the games are bad, the quality consistency is astounding. But to say OoT has "not aged a day" and beats current offerings completely when taken out of the context of its time and placed on level ground is just...well just wrong, and I'll defend that stance danr it!

But enough of my ranting, like I said, I knew exactly where this was going. At least WW made top 3.

Edit:  And I have no nostalgia bias for any of these as I played them all for the first time within the last one and a half years and out of order.

Salnax said:

Seems reasonable. A few thoughts:

1. People clearly like those three big console games released from 1998 through 2002. What I'm curious about is how much of their popularity is due to their recent remakes? Majora's Mask has sold not that much less on the 3DS compared to the N64, and Wind Waker HD probably caught the attention of some people who skipped over the GameCube version.
  2. Link to the Past and Twilight Princess have quite a few second place votes, at least compared to Wind Waker and Skyward Sword. I have no idea if that is significant in any way.
  3. It's surprising how little people voted for the handheld entries. Only Link Between Worlds stands out, and it isn't even one of the top few.
  4. There still isn't much 2D Zelda love on VGChartz. After LttP and LBW, only the original is really liked. Of course, the original got a large majority of its points from top spot votes, so it obviously has diehard fans.
  5. Triforce Heroes? More like "Try Hard Heroes!" Or something. Because people don't like it! They didn't like Four Swords either though...

Insightful thoughts.. Skyward Sword gets rated pretty high on VGC, but it's a bit surprising to see ALBW pretty low. Games like PH and ST don't get much appreciation so the points for those were really low :p

The_Yoda said:
Thanks for the work you put in Platina!

No problem, this was pretty fun to do!

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]