By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Top The Legend of Zelda Games!

What is actually the best Zelda game?

Zelda: Game and Watch 8 3.94%

Link: The Faces of Evil 11 5.42%

Zelda: The Wand of Gamelon 11 5.42%

Zelda’s Adventure 5 2.46%

Freshly Picked Tingle’s Rosy Rupeeland 19 9.36%

Tingle’s Balloon Fight 9 4.43%

Link’s Crossbow Training 39 19.21%

Picross - Twilight Princess 18 8.87%

Other 35 17.24%

See Results 48 23.65%

Total:203

Yeah, the only thing WW is missing is 1 or 2 dungeons more, maybe another island with a villa and less of the triforce quest, other than that the game is perfect, but some people still hating the light hearted artstyle that went opposite to OoT.

Around the Network

Totally agree, one more island and maybe just one more dungeon, IMO everything else is perfect.

I am surprised how low Link's Awakening is. Maybe it is too old to be popular on this forum?

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

BraLoD said:
theRepublic said:
I am surprised how low Link's Awakening is. Maybe it is too old to be popular on this forum?

Yup, really can't understand that, such an awesome game.
Just 'cause it has no actual Zelda on it, maybe.

Nah I think is just because is old and if you want to highlight some 2D Zelda probably A Link To The Past and A Link Between Worlds are better exemples. I do agree Link's awakening is awesome, probably best GB game ever.

BraLoD said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Nah I think is just because is old and if you want to highlight some 2D Zelda probably A Link To The Past and A Link Between Worlds are better exemples. I do agree Link's awakening is awesome, probably best GB game ever.

A Link to the Past has nothing on Link's Awakening, imo.
Can't say about A Link Between Worlds, tho, haven't played it.

We have to disagree there, Link's awakening is great but ALTTP is a huge masterpiece imo.

Around the Network

I'm surprised how well Skyward Sword did. I though people hated that game. I'll definitely have to play it some day.

Now I'll concede that Wind Waker isn't the best Zelda. I really enjoyed it, but from an objective point of view, the lack of a few more real dungeons is an issue.

h2ohno said:
Wind Waker's main problem is the removal of 2 dungeons and putting the tri-force quest to replace it. The dungeons and combat this is their is great, better than the N64 dungeons and combat, but the game was rushed more than any other Zelda.

The thing is, that when I first began playing The Wind Waker, I didn't follow any news, so I didn't know about this till way after I beat this game for the 3rd time on the Wii U..

It never really felt lacking in dugeons, and despite the triforce fetch quest seeming to be tedious, I found it pretty fun since I got to explore more areas that I would not have, if I didn't have to. It was the deciphering part which costed 298 rupees per map that was odd to me :p
In hindsight, yes, I would have prefered if there were 2 more dungeons, but even knowing this, I didn't really find it too big of an issue. Ignorance is bliss? But just my thoughts..

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Majoras Mask is more game than Ocarina of time BUT Ocarina is more "Epic" because was first...

In Sony We Trust!

Nuvendil said:
curl-6 said:

Both games are cancerous tumours to their respective franchises. 

I won't waste my breath with Other M, seeing it is garbage.  But I believe I could legitimately, objectively, irrefutably defy that statement about Wind Waker and I don't go out on that limb very often.  Like it or dislike, that's your business.  But I know genuinely BAD game design.  I know genuinely BAD gameplay.  I have endured my suffering in the trenches of Two Worlds and I will not have my trauma trivialized by such hyperbole :P

Also, I like Wind Waker and every other Zelda I have played and hold it frankly has the most consistent quality standard of possibly any franchise I have played and I will die defending that hill.  

Putting aside my personal dislikes, the main reason I see WW as so malignant is that it spearheaded the alienation of core gamers from the Zelda series and carved a rift through the fanbase that persists to this day. It was a game that sowed division and discord.