By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Top The Legend of Zelda Games!

What is actually the best Zelda game?

Zelda: Game and Watch 8 3.94%

Link: The Faces of Evil 11 5.42%

Zelda: The Wand of Gamelon 11 5.42%

Zelda’s Adventure 5 2.46%

Freshly Picked Tingle’s Rosy Rupeeland 19 9.36%

Tingle’s Balloon Fight 9 4.43%

Link’s Crossbow Training 39 19.21%

Picross - Twilight Princess 18 8.87%

Other 35 17.24%

See Results 48 23.65%

Total:203

As much as I don't really like Majora's being that high, I can be content in knowing Wind Waker beat it. And seeing as how WW had no chance of topping OoT, it got the best it could possibly get.

Around the Network

Ocarina where it deserves to be. Talent won.
Majora's Mask should've been #2.
Wind Waker is way too high.

Salnax said:

Seems reasonable. A few thoughts

1. It's surprising how little people voted for the handheld entries. Only Link Between Worlds stands out, and it isn't even one of the top few.
  2. There still isn't much 2D Zelda love on VGChartz. After LttP and LBW, only the original is really liked. Of course, the original got a large majority of its points from top spot votes, so it obviously has diehard fans.

There is more 2D love in Japan.

Here is the japanese sales top list:

• 1. The Legend of Zelda NES
  • 2. Zelda II: The Adventure of Link NES
  • 3. Ocarina of Time N64
  • 4. A Link to the Past SNES
  • 5. Phantom Hourglass DS
  • 6. The Wind Waker GC
  • 7. Spirit Tracks DS
  • 8. Majora's Mask N64
  • 9. Twilight Princess Wii + GC
  • 10. Ocarina of Time 3DS 

http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?page=1&results=200&name=zelda&platform=&minSales=0&publisher=&genre=&sort=JP 

The 11 - 20 games are all handheld (except SS) and all 2D (except SS and MM3D).

mZuzek said:

Well those 5 games are the same I'd put in my top 5 (though in reverse order), so I'm not complaining.

I just wish a day would come when people would finally realize that Ocarina of Time isn't that special.

Judging from the results and the comments here, don't hold your breath for that happening any time soon :P

but that poll???

Link Crossbow

Switch!!!

Around the Network

Hell yeah, mah boi Majora made it to the top 5! xD Now I'm just shocked that ALBW is ranked pretty low when it's at least on par with ALttP, and that's no. 4... o:

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Slimebeast said:

I have really only played the first one and Ocarina, and just a few minutes of Windwaker and Twilite Princes. I wish I hadn't played the first one so many years after it came out, because I love the oldschool hardcore primitive style.

The new upcoming Zelda looks great but I doubt many feel it's gonna topple Ocarina.

And in my opinion OOT will hardly be topped.Not because Nintendo cant create a better Zelda game, but because of the historical importance, groundbreaking mechanics(and overall game) for its time, and simply its timing.It launched when 3D was the new hot thing, and did things so absurdely well, that it left a mark in the players that played the original by the time it launched, that I cant see how another Zelda can do the same, unless the same conditions happen again.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

If Breath of the Wild is as awesome as the E3 material suggests, it may surpass Ocarina in my book.

Nautilus said:
Slimebeast said:

I have really only played the first one and Ocarina, and just a few minutes of Windwaker and Twilite Princes. I wish I hadn't played the first one so many years after it came out, because I love the oldschool hardcore primitive style.

The new upcoming Zelda looks great but I doubt many feel it's gonna topple Ocarina.

And in my opinion OOT will hardly be topped.Not because Nintendo cant create a better Zelda game, but because of the historical importance, groundbreaking mechanics(and overall game) for its time, and simply its timing.It launched when 3D was the new hot thing, and did things so absurdely well, that it left a mark in the players that played the original by the time it launched, that I cant see how another Zelda can do the same, unless the same conditions happen again.

Not just that OoT was groundbreaking, bringed lotsa staffs never seen before, had one of biggest impact on gaming industry, etc...but what also make OoT best Zelda game (buy metrics best game ever also), is because game is so good balanced, everything was done good without real flaws. Some Zelda games have some better parts (Majora's Mask has better side quests, WW had better exploration, TP had better dungeons and SS had better fighting), but OoT has all that done good, full package.

Yup, hardly that any Zelda (in IMO any game) will ever top OoT.

List is pretty good and I agree with it.

Real surprise is that SS toped TP (that Zelda Cycle), WW got huge boost of love beacuse WW HD, ALTTP is still very high between Zelda fans, and of course nothing gets near OoT.
I really think that Zelda BotW can top WW HD.