By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official PS Community Reborn!!!Welcome back to Hometown this summer-Jak is back-Persona almost here!!!

What release on April are you most excited for?

Persona 5 121 66.85%

Drawn to Death 7 3.87%

Yooka Laylee 16 8.84%

Outlast 2 4 2.21%

The Deer God 0 0%

What Remains of Edith Finch 4 2.21%

Dragon Quest Heroes 2 2 1.10%

Parappa the Rappa Remastered 10 5.52%

Little Nightmares 4 2.21%

Other 13 7.18%

Total:181
BraLoD said:
There is a NISA sale going on PS Store this week, PS2, PSP, PS3, PSV and PS4 greatness to be gotten there.

And one more time I miss a nice chance to get Disgaea 2 (despise having it for PS2) because the brazilian store just don't have the game there for some random reason.. *sigh*

Picked up Grand Kingdom, thanks for the heads up. 

Around the Network
Ganoncrotch said:
Just got the 100% trophies in the Tour Mode of Drive Club, damn... I have to say that is easily one of my if not my favourite game on the PS4 to date, it's just such a beautiful looking racer, really there isn't a time when I'm playing it that it doesn't just make me feel warm and fuzzy with next gen shiny graphics.

If anyone was considering a driving game and feels drawn away from Driveclub because of the launch day issues it had, I really can't recommend the game enough for anyone who enjoys a beautiful driving game, 12 player races, day/night cycle, some of the most impressive weather effects you will ever encounter in a game. Just yeah... it's an experience which should be had by all with a ps4 imo.

(unless you're waiting on the VR version of it which is out... (now?) soon, I'm not sure if that still features the same modes for the non VR owners but yeah, Drive club and its season pass (+ bikes expansion) are money well spent if you enjoy a driving game and want to see how many polygons the PS4 can throw around the place.

PSVR comes out tomorrow and as for Driveclub VR...it's not doing so well with critics.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/driveclub-vr

I have been meaning to get a racing game on ps4 though. Was gonna wait on Gran Turismo Sport, but you're making me want to check out Driveclub, so if I see it for a low price I'll pick it up.

Btw, do you mind if I add your statement to the ps4 recommendations in the OP? I'm gonna make one for mortal kombat x soon, but right now there aren't any recommendations. Also, what score would you give it, if it's not too much trouble :)

Shadow8 said:
Ganoncrotch said:
Just got the 100% trophies in the Tour Mode of Drive Club, damn... I have to say that is easily one of my if not my favourite game on the PS4 to date, it's just such a beautiful looking racer, really there isn't a time when I'm playing it that it doesn't just make me feel warm and fuzzy with next gen shiny graphics.

If anyone was considering a driving game and feels drawn away from Driveclub because of the launch day issues it had, I really can't recommend the game enough for anyone who enjoys a beautiful driving game, 12 player races, day/night cycle, some of the most impressive weather effects you will ever encounter in a game. Just yeah... it's an experience which should be had by all with a ps4 imo.

(unless you're waiting on the VR version of it which is out... (now?) soon, I'm not sure if that still features the same modes for the non VR owners but yeah, Drive club and its season pass (+ bikes expansion) are money well spent if you enjoy a driving game and want to see how many polygons the PS4 can throw around the place.

PSVR comes out tomorrow and as for Driveclub VR...it's not doing so well with critics.

I have been meaning to get a racing game on ps4 though. Was gonna wait on Gran Turismo Sport, but you're making me want to check out Driveclub, so if I see it for a low price I'll pick it up.

Btw, do you mind if I add your statement to the ps4 recommendations in the OP? I'm gonna make one for mortal kombat x soon, but right now there aren't any recommendations. Also, what score would you give it, if it's not too much trouble :)

Driveclub VR is not doing great with MC mainly because Digital Spy went the clickbait way with a 20/100. They supposedly threw up while playing and are the only ones I've seen with such an issue...

Faelco said:
Shadow8 said:

Driveclub VR is not doing great with MC mainly because Digital Spy went the clickbait way with a 20/100. They supposedly threw up while playing and are the only ones I've seen with such an issue...

Yeah saw that. There's always gonna be that one site that does this (sigh). 

Shadow8 said:
Ganoncrotch said:

I heard that GT:Sport was going to be missing some stuff like Day/Night cycling but I could be wrong, but really if you see Drive Club now you can find copies of it for around 10e (I got it digitally from the store but it is 29GB so keep that in mind if you have a download cap) but yeah I mean for the asking price of basically an indie title it's just such a beautiful driving game, I will point out though that I just played through the Tour mode of the game and only entered online to compete against TT challenges set by people in my DriveClub so I never actually competed in online racing in it, so I don't know how that works.

In Car

Track View of same

But yeah it's a shame the PS4 capture card sort of messes up the rain effect a little bit here when it's very busy, but still should give you an idea of the graphics this game can throw out in terms of "not just another day on the track" racing. Or time trial as this is... in a F40 in a blizzard in the dead of night... through the Scottish mountains.

Edit - You can of course quote me on recommending this game, I think it's something that everyone with a PS4 and a like of cars should try out at least once, on a graphical level it leaves the likes of Project Cars literally in the dust.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
Acevil said:

Picked up Grand Kingdom, thanks for the heads up. 

Where is my reward?

Shadow8 said:

Welcome to the New Playstation Community thread, I believed a new thread was necessary as the old one felt rather old and...dead. So a brand new start was what it needed!

Now with a brand new thread, Ill be more active with weekly polls, smaller news that might not be enough for a thread itself and possible tournaments here and there. Hopefully we can all have some fun as a community and discuss things we might not in separate threads :)

The reason for why I'm the OP is simple really...I was the only one that wanted to do it :P and I do want this thread to have more life than the old and hopefully people won't be too intimidated with the post counts here, which I believe is one of the reasons the old one barely had any activity and also...the last OP wasn't exactly the best.

You know, a seasonal thread (every three month) might not be a bad idea.  I might help keep things fresh and not "bog" the thread down with so many posts.

tagging

Hope you are all having a great day. I haven't posted here in the VG forum since 2014. I've decided to jump back in to say hi and support my PlayStation friends.

Ganoncrotch said:
Shadow8 said:

I heard that GT:Sport was going to be missing some stuff like Day/Night cycling but I could be wrong, but really if you see Drive Club now you can find copies of it for around 10e (I got it digitally from the store but it is 29GB so keep that in mind if you have a download cap) but yeah I mean for the asking price of basically an indie title it's just such a beautiful driving game, I will point out though that I just played through the Tour mode of the game and only entered online to compete against TT challenges set by people in my DriveClub so I never actually competed in online racing in it, so I don't know how that works.

In Car

Track View of same

But yeah it's a shame the PS4 capture card sort of messes up the rain effect a little bit here when it's very busy, but still should give you an idea of the graphics this game can throw out in terms of "not just another day on the track" racing. Or time trial as this is... in a F40 in a blizzard in the dead of night... through the Scottish mountains.

Edit - You can of course quote me on recommending this game, I think it's something that everyone with a PS4 and a like of cars should try out at least once, on a graphical level it leaves the likes of Project Cars literally in the dust.

Nice, it looks great in those videos(except for that effect). If I see it at my local Wal Mart, I'll grab it for that price, since that's the only gamestore nearby my home now :(

Also, here's your quote. I put it in the 2nd post of the thread.

Driveclub (Ganoncrotch)

"Just got the 100% trophies in the Tour Mode of Drive Club, damn... I have to say that is easily one of my if not my favourite game on the PS4 to date, it's just such a beautiful looking racer, really there isn't a time when I'm playing it that it doesn't just make me feel warm and fuzzy with next gen shiny graphics."

"If anyone was considering a driving game and feels drawn away from Driveclub because of the launch day issues it had, I really can't recommend the game enough for anyone who enjoys a beautiful driving game, 12 player races, day/night cycle, some of the most impressive weather effects you will ever encounter in a game. Just yeah... it's an experience which should be had by all with a ps4 imo."