By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Gears Of War 4 Review Thread - 85 MC

Tagged! This should be awesome! It looked really good when they showed it off

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

good reviews so far

It's 83 out of 29 reviews now. Seems like the sequels get progressively "worse" (scores are great but not when you compare them with the rest of the series), I feel this will be the case with the other GOW as well although it did look way different than the past games.

So it looks like the story took a hit. Damn it. Well at least the gameplay is good.

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

Alot of the reviews are hard on the single player mode's (story not so good?).
But say good things about the multiplayer aspects.

This isnt just 1 or 2 reviewers, it seems like most of them mention it.

Around the Network

About what I expected. Basically it's a Gears of War game, and you either love that our you wish there had been more substantial changes. I do find some of these reviews amusing acting like the story in past games had some great underlying depth or something lol. I mean I love those campaigns for the thrill ride that they were but let's not act like the writing was ever particularly good.

Eikichi134 said:
It's 83 out of 29 reviews now. Seems like the sequels get progressively "worse" (scores are great but not when you compare them with the rest of the series), I feel this will be the case with the other GOW as well although it did look way different than the past games.

Well mainly most of the critique I'm seeing for Gears 4 is that its just more of the same. God of War however is COMPLETELY different from the others from a gameplay standpoint.

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

Yay reviews are looking good at the moment. I'm not worried about the campaign at all since I've hoped they won't change it much, Gears fans finally deserve a balanced game. That was something Epic never got right.

Don't have the time to really dig through reviews, but it seems to match my pre release expectations: a bland sequel free from both major missteps and real creativity.

So, because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will vomit you out of my mouth.

Surprised it is that high, as the franchise doesn't seem to have progresses.

Looking forward to Horde mode for the first time