By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Gears Of War 4 Review Thread - 85 MC

CGI-Quality said:
The system is a marvel, guys! Certainly one of the best looking LE Consoles around!

LUCKY!!!! I can;t get mine until tonight!

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
The system is a marvel, guys! Certainly one of the best looking LE Consoles around!

For sure. Love the little tune it plays when you turn it on

Can't afford another XOne, but that would be my pick if I could :D

This is still good for Gears. In fact, I've always though Gears was better when compared to Halo in regards to Xbox exclusives.

One of the best looking CE consoles I've ever seen. That controller is awesome. Not interested in the game but I'd love to have that box.

Around the Network
Eikichi134 said:
It's 83 out of 29 reviews now. Seems like the sequels get progressively "worse" (scores are great but not when you compare them with the rest of the series), I feel this will be the case with the other GOW as well although it did look way different than the past games.

When the game is a sequel, it has more expectations. Because of that, it is hard to score higher than before.

LivingMetal said:
This is still good for Gears. In fact, I've always though Gears was better when compared to Halo in regards to Xbox exclusives.

I personally prefer Gears over Halo, any day of the week.

Wright said:
LivingMetal said:

I personally prefer Gears over Halo, any day of the week.

Everyday of the week for me lol. Halo is cool and all but GEARS is King on XB..... for me anyway.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

LivingMetal said:

I'd say they were on the same level from 2006-2010. Starting in 2011, though, Gears has dominated Halo. The fourth and fifth installments of Halo are pedestrian. Gears 4 is as good as ever and, in some areas, better.

I have a lot more faith in Gears than I do Halo moving forward.

Veknoid_Outcast said:
LivingMetal said:

I'd say they were on the same level from 2006-2010. Starting in 2011, though, Gears has dominated Halo. The fourth and fifth installments of Halo are pedestrian. Gears 4 is as good as ever and, in some areas, better.

I have a lot more faith in Gears than I do Halo moving forward.

Well, that's because Halo dev mantle was completely changed, meanhwhile Gears retained the guy that oversaw everything from 1-3.