By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Gears Of War 4 Review Thread - 85 MC

Seems 84-85 will pretty much be the final number. It's a great score, but a shame it never got the 90 I had hoped for.
I still have to play it though.

Around the Network

Its easily my GOTY. Its the gears I've wanted since Gears 2. Campaign is excellent, multiplayer is robust, and they included value for consumers by making sure everyone gets access to playlists and aren't separated by a season pass. They really put everything together well, and they deserve every accolade they get.

bunchanumbers said:
Its easily my GOTY. Its the gears I've wanted since Gears 2. Campaign is excellent, multiplayer is robust, and they included value for consumers by making sure everyone gets access to playlists and aren't separated by a season pass. They really put everything together well, and they deserve every accolade they get.

I'm guessing by your answer Gears 3 wasn't to your liking?

Wright said:
bunchanumbers said:

When Gears 3 came out I didn't have my xbox. I never got to experience it like this one. My closest experience was Gears 2 which I loved.

I finished the campaign and all I can say is, it's awesome. Don't listen to the reviews about this one.

Around the Network

84 again.

bunchanumbers said:
Wright said:

When Gears 3 came out I didn't have my xbox. I never got to experience it like this one. My closest experience was Gears 2 which I loved.

Oh man. You're gonna love Gears 3--and you should be getting a code for all of them free via Xbox Live soon.

I don't want to start any debates or anything. But it seems to me that reviewers are a little bit sentimental. I personally think Halo 3, Uncharted 4, God of War 3, Gears of War 3, etc. get high ratings due to being a finale in a series of games. While when said series starts anew with different characters, story or gameplay, they will always be rated lower like spinoffs, or Gears 4, Halo 4, God of War (remains to be seen), and others.

Even if the quality appears to still be there.

Polygon - 90

Game Over Online - 85

Have bumped it back up to 85, looks like it's a coin flip to whether it stays at 85 or goes back to 84 depending on the last few reviews.

Still playing the campaign. Vacation, a ton of new games, and a busy work schedule have kept me from finishing this one. I haven't read a single review but I have to say, I friggin love this game.