By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Modern Warfare Reflex Vs Modern Warfare Remastered

It's a good remaster for sure, but still far from impressive by today's standards. Would look miles better if it was made from the ground up for current gen consoles.
But hey I'm not complaining at all.

Around the Network

Who would of thought there would be such a significant upgrade between the SD downgrade and the FHD upgrade :p

Looking at the video Turkish posted above me though, it does look like a very well done remaster. The difference at some points are dramatic enough that you'd think it was a remake, even if the overall package still falls short of modern standards.

No one should play COD 4 at 30 FPS.......

Currently Playing: N/A

Anime and Studying is life RN

Is it just me, or does anybody else like the original more than the remaster? :O

Reflex remains a very interesting game from an academic point of view, being built for PS3/360 then re-engineered to run on a system far weaker. According to a Treyarch dev who used to post on neogaf, they weren't allowed to change the gameplay at all, so level designs and number of enemies had to stay the same. Must have been a hell of a job to get it running.

DannyDesario said:

All else being equal, I'd agree, but I'd still rather play at 30fps with pointer controls than a 60fps with dual analogue.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:

Reflex remains a very interesting game from an academic point of view, being built for PS3/360 then re-engineered to run on a system far weaker. According to a Treyarch dev who used to post on neogaf, they weren't allowed to change the gameplay at all, so level designs and number of enemies had to stay the same. Must have been a hell of a job to get it running.

DannyDesario said:

All else being equal, I'd agree, but I'd still rather play at 30fps with pointer controls than a 60fps with dual analogue.

Use mouse and keyboard.  Sony even has their own version for PS4 if you don't have PC.

Currently Playing: N/A

Anime and Studying is life RN

DannyDesario said:
curl-6 said:

Use mouse and keyboard.  Sony even has their own version for PS4 if you don't have PC.

Don't have a PS4 either. Besides, I don't need another version, I already own it on Wii.

But the Wii version was already ugly back then

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

curl-6 said:

DannyDesario said:

Wow. Wonder what exploits they did to get it running...

WagnerPaiva said:
But the Wii version was already ugly back then

Yes. It's also why I wanted to make the comparison.

Wow, Activision did one hell of a job with this Remaster!