By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I think Nintendo is afraid to reveal NX

Tagged games:

bunchanumbers said:
Miyamotoo said:

You misunderstood Nintendo about Wii U, Nintendo never said it takes years to understand product, lol. They never said that Wii U is misunderstood because of time, it's misunderstood because bad marketing. Fact that Wii U was revealed year and half before launch and people still didnt understand what is Wii U proves that marketing is a problem not time.

People can easily (and much better than Wii U) understood what is NX with good and strong marketing in around 3 months, not to mention 4-6 months.

Are you really putting faith in the marketing that had years to show what Wii U is about and couldn't do it?

And you're expecting this marketing team to make it happen in a fraction of this time? They haven't shown good and strong marketing around hardware in years. I wouldn't be shocked if the entire marketing team is sitting around a table, with a NX on it and are saying amongst themselves, 'Ok... how do we sell this thing? Its weak, has a low resolution, and will cost as much as hardware that is several times stronger.'

More than likely it will be met with silence.

Its not same marketing, Nintendo making huge changes last two years, also they had some big changes in marketing department, fact they didn't reveal NX one year before launch and now 5-6 months before launch also point that Nintendo is taking totally different approach compared to Wii U.

Actually Nintendo marketing in recent time was pretty good. For instance all 3DS marketing and NES Mini marketing are great.

You are getting ridiculous, marketing is doing for postives sides and difrences of system compared to competiotion, of course they will not market how much strong NX is compared to PS4 Pro. Nintendo said itself NX is not about power and they will not compete with power with competition, they several times said "new concept" and "new way of playing" so marketing will be mostly focused on that and great new games.

Around the Network

I wouldn´t say afraid.... I would say they are planning its launch very carefully.
If the NX is supposed to work as both a handheld and home console, if it´s supposed to substitute both 3ds and WiiU, and with the plans to increase its presence in the mobile market, Nintendo must study carefully every step of the presentation of its new product.
Considering how the console business has been falling in sales for several years by now, they must be seriously thinking what to do to make the NX relevant for the consumer.

I expect any reveal is waiting on branding, advertising, distribution and the software slate. Nintendo dropped the ball on multiple fronts with both 3DS and Wii U. Their handheld business was strong enough--and important enough to them--that they were able to recover, whilst Wii U sank and never had a fighting chance. A lot of different factors need to be in the right place, because NX needs to be a success for Nintendo.

There's a lot to get right, including at the reveal stage, and Nintendo need to nail it. Yes, maybe they are afraid, but I don't think they're afraid of what Microsoft or Sony are doing. They're afraid of repeating the balls-up that was 3DS, and to a much greater extent, Wii U. 3DS at least had a positive initial reveal, whereas Wii U was a sea of confusion from reveal to launch.

I'd also point out it's not uncommon now for major tech products to announce, reveal and launch within a short time frame. Games hardware is one exception now.

Nah man, All Nintendo employees are busy playing Pokemon Go. Gotta catch them all.

They will get on the NX thing when they caught them all :p.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

I don't know what they're waiting on, useless a delay is coming. They do seem to be kind of hesitant to pull the trigger, depending on random people at publishers to try and hype the platform up for them.

Around the Network

If you ask me, Nintendo is doing its own thing. They don't care about what Sony/Microsoft is doing.

God bless You.

My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?

Miyamotoo said:
bunchanumbers said:

Are you really putting faith in the marketing that had years to show what Wii U is about and couldn't do it?

And you're expecting this marketing team to make it happen in a fraction of this time? They haven't shown good and strong marketing around hardware in years. I wouldn't be shocked if the entire marketing team is sitting around a table, with a NX on it and are saying amongst themselves, 'Ok... how do we sell this thing? Its weak, has a low resolution, and will cost as much as hardware that is several times stronger.'

More than likely it will be met with silence.

Its not same marketing, Nintendo making huge changes last two years, also they had some big changes in marketing department, fact they didn't reveal NX one year before launch and now 5-6 months before launch also point that Nintendo is taking totally different approach compared to Wii U.

Actually Nintendo marketing in recent time was pretty good. For instance all 3DS marketing and NES Mini marketing are great.

You are getting ridiculous, marketing is doing for postives sides and difrences of system compared to competiotion, of course they will not market how much strong NX is compared to PS4 Pro. Nintendo said itself NX is not about power and they will not compete with power with competition, they several times said "new concept" and "new way of playing" so marketing will be mostly focused on that and great new games.

The only hardware that has come out recently from Nintendo is the 2DS, which isn't selling well despite its rock bottom price, and the upcoming NES Mini which doesn't need marketing. NX will be a real test. Can Nintendo Marketing make a underpowered 720p tablet into a desirable product? We'll have to see when Nintendo finally unveils the thing.

even if NX is more powerfull than scorpio, they would fail to compete with ps4 or xbox brands in the same market.

Couldn't Nintendo rely on SCDs to get rid of the power issue?

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

AZWification said:

Couldn't Nintendo rely on SCDs to get rid of the power issue?

It must have crossed their mind since they patented it. But the SCD comes with certain choises which Nintendo might not find agreeable.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.