Forums - Sports Discussion - The Pro Wrasslin' Thread (WWE, WWF, WCW, TNA, ROH, NWA, NJPW, etc)

Tagged games:

What match are you excited for at WWE Payback 2017?

Neville vs. Austin Aries ... 0 0.00%

Randy Orton vs. Bray Wyat... 3 23.08%

The Hardy Boyz vs. Cesaro... 2 15.38%

Kevin Owens vs. Chris Jer... 3 23.08%

Bayley vs. Alexa Bliss (Raw Women's Title) 2 15.38%

Seth Rollins vs. Samoa Joe 1 7.69%

Roman Reigns vs. Braun Strowman 2 15.38%

Total:13
ironmanDX said:
That firefly fun house was superb.

I skipped night 1 of mania and just watched night 2. Apart from AEW, I'm really struggling to stay interested in wrestling of late. The lack of crowds is huge.

I totally agree. the lack of crowds is ruining it for me. 

I got it all, baby! 

PS4, Switch, WiiU, XBO, PC
Vita, 3DS, Android

Top 6 this generation: 
Bloodborne, Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, God of War, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Dark Souls III, Red Dead Redemption II

Around the Network

I actually don't mind other than there being less matches overall and the fact that no one cheered for Drew MacIntyre winning the big one or some pops for KO and Otis and that awesome triple threat ladder match. I actually would prefer some segments when crowds do return where the crowd sounds are muted and the wrestlers can deliver their promos with the same intensity as they do without a crowd.

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

Eagle367 said:
Wow that mania was loads of fun. The boneyard match was awesome

I feel like I'm the only one who thought that match was terrible, but I knew that would be the case regardless.  Undertaker is so over with the fans, that when John Cena had to job for him move for move in a match that lasted about 2 minutes, I heard people proclaiming that WWE found a perfect showcase to keep Undertaker relevant.  Just have him run through his move-set for less than 5 minutes and put him over every time.  Anyway, even given the current situation, I just can't get into watching wrestling without the crowd as a whole as it is.  And, the trash talk they are trying to pad out the experience with in each match doesn't help.  But, having to hear the Undertaker wheeze his way through a match since there is no crowd to drown him out makes it that much worse, but I guess that's just me.

Mandalore76 said:
Eagle367 said:

I feel like I'm the only one who thought that match was terrible, but I knew that would be the case regardless.  Undertaker is so over with the fans, that when John Cena had to job for him move for move in a match that lasted about 2 minutes, I heard people proclaiming that WWE found a perfect showcase to keep Undertaker relevant.  Just have him run through his move-set for less than 5 minutes and put him over every time.  Anyway, even given the current situation, I just can't get into watching wrestling without the crowd as a whole as it is.  And, the trash talk they are trying to pad out the experience with in each match doesn't help.  But, having to hear the Undertaker wheeze his way through a match since there is no crowd to drown him out makes it that much worse, but I guess that's just me.

oh it was terrible as fuck; I think that was the point. I went into it expecting fully for it to be a joke and it was....and I loved it. I find Wrestling is at its best when it's not taking itself seriously, and this was a good example of that. 

I got it all, baby! 

PS4, Switch, WiiU, XBO, PC
Vita, 3DS, Android

Top 6 this generation: 
Bloodborne, Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, God of War, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Dark Souls III, Red Dead Redemption II

Idk if its me but the WWE product has been really good lately. I feel like if mania took place with a crowd it would have been one of the best Manias.

Around the Network
Mandalore76 said:
Eagle367 said:

You and I could not disagree more. I love the trash talk, I love the hard hits, I loved the boneyard match and I loves this WrestleMania overall. You probably didn't like the Firefly Funhouse match (experience?) either I'm guessing. But you can tell me your opinion on that if you want to.

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

jason1637 said:
Idk if its me but the WWE product has been really good lately. I feel like if mania took place with a crowd it would have been one of the best Manias.

NXT is consistently good to great.

RAW is hit or miss.

SmackDown ...Outside of Mandy and Otis, SmackDown has been the shits.

Hardware Comparison Threads:

PlayStation 4/Xbox One/Nintendo Switch: 2019 vs. 2020
(https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread/241660/ps4xbons-2019-vs-2020/1/)

PAOerfulone said:
jason1637 said:

RAW is hit or miss.

The Womans division, Cena/Wyatt, and the Daniel Bryan/Sami Zayn stuff has been pretty good lately.  Overall everything after the elimination chamber has been a good product even with no crowd. 

PAOerfulone said:
jason1637 said:

RAW is hit or miss.

jason1637 said:
PAOerfulone said:

RAW is hit or miss.

The Womans division, Cena/Wyatt, and the Daniel Bryan/Sami Zayn stuff has been pretty good lately.  Overall everything after the elimination chamber has been a good product even with no crowd. 

Problem is, that's the case every year during WrestleMania season. Once Mania comes and goes, they stop trying to put out a decently good product and go right back to being garbage, even with a crowd. Sometimes, I can't even tell the different between crowd and no crowd. Because that's how bad the shows can get. It's the same old song and dance every year. That's why I have absolutely no trust or faith in them anymore to deliver a consistently good product outside of NXT. And that's not even Vince, that's Triple H!

Hardware Comparison Threads:

PlayStation 4/Xbox One/Nintendo Switch: 2019 vs. 2020
(https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread/241660/ps4xbons-2019-vs-2020/1/)