By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NES Classic Edition controller cords are only 3 feet long

Are they sure they don't mean 3 meters? Because 3 feet is less than 1 meter, that is ridiculously short.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network
Culipechi said:
Hiku said:

Is it? I thought they haven't announced the HDMI cable length yet. Do you have a link?

Here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qjPShrW0Pk

Those are long HDMI and usb cables. They have the system on the coffee table so you are only an arm length away to press reset and change the game. See, they thought of it

Thanks for the video, although that could just be the setup from Nintendo Ibérica.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Jumpin said:
Are they sure they don't mean 3 meters? Because 3 feet is less than 1 meter, that is ridiculously short.

I hope Nintendo is happy. With shorter cords forcing me closer and giving me the ability to touch the console buttons my child serves no purpose any longer. Way to go Nintendo.

l <---- Do you mean this glitch Gribble?  If not, I'll keep looking.  

I am on the other side of my sig....am I warm or cold?  

Marco....

This thread kind of reminds me about the No Ethernet port on the Wii U thread.

Around the Network
ktay95 said:
Eh, just another stupid decision for a stupid machine that will sell on brand name alone.

Why are you being so negative? Did you have a bad day?

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Azuren said:
ktay95 said:
Eh, just another stupid decision for a stupid machine that will sell on brand name alone.

Why are you being so negative? Did you have a bad day?

What, Im always negative. If you find me being positive then thats when something is wrong

Based on the way the Reset button on the console itself is being used as the "home" button, it seems the intention is to have the console right next to you as you play anyway. So even if you had long controller cables, you would have to get up to press that button. So long HDMI cables are going to be the solution to this.

I guess they didn't want to add another button to the controllers, which I understand. But why couldn't they have made some button combination on the controller bring up the "home" menu? Like press start then press select? Something like that?

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

does this really matters?

I have never thought about that!!!

Switch!!!

theRepublic said:
Based on the way the Reset button on the console itself is being used as the "home" button, it seems the intention is to have the console right next to you as you play anyway. So even if you had long controller cables, you would have to get up to press that button. So long HDMI cables are going to be the solution to this.

I guess they didn't want to add another button to the controllers, which I understand. But why couldn't they have made some button combination on the controller bring up the "home" menu? Like press start then press select? Something like that?

Cause Nintendo is foolish. Kevtri's HDMI mod, Everdrive etc. do actually that, on the real hardware.