By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NES Classic Edition controller cords are only 3 feet long

Goodnightmoon said:

That is a really random argument, cords are cheap, is way more possible they made it like that so the Nes is always close (because you need the reset botton to save and change game) than for saving cost

Those buttons are on the console and not the controller? So you have to look up to the television to see what you're doing while bending. Another questionable decision and still doesn't justify the short cords. You have to give people options, especially in these times. Wé get to decide if we want to play close or far away from the television. You can also play close with short cords. Most people are frustrated about this and it is worrying that such a big company like Nintendo with years of experience in the gaming industry was not able to foresee this and make a cheap and longer cord. 

Around the Network

I think they went short because of the ability to plug it into Wii controller. Still a semi bad move in my book.

Ick! Too damn short! No thanks.

I only plan on buying one of these to use with Wii U games for novelty reasons. A short cord doesn't matter to me, but if I actually wanted to buy the NES Mini then this would be a problem for me.

HintHRO said:
Goodnightmoon said:

That is a really random argument, cords are cheap, is way more possible they made it like that so the Nes is always close (because you need the reset botton to save and change game) than for saving cost

Those buttons are on the console and not the controller? So you have to look up to the television to see what you're doing while bending. Another questionable decision and still doesn't justify the short cords. You have to give people options, especially in these times. Wé get to decide if we want to play close or far away from the television. You can also play close with short cords. Most people are frustrated about this and it is worrying that such a big company like Nintendo with years of experience in the gaming industry was not able to foresee this and make a cheap and longer cord. 

No, you don't have to bend while doing that, I supose a Menu would pop up pressing reset, that's all, and I supose that button is not on the gamepad because that would break the original design by adding one button that wasn't there before.

The short gamepad wire can be solved by a long HDMI which maybe the console includes.

Around the Network

Just buy an extension cable for the controllers. Problem solved.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

That's quite short, I can see it being an issue to some people.

Hiku said:
Pemalite said:

Just buy an extension cable for the controllers. Problem solved.

It's a proprietary connector

Is the same connector as the wii controller, the Mini Nes is probably compatible with the Wii Classic controller.

There are extension cables for wii that I imagine should work just fine with the console and they are like 5$

Just one meter long?Goddamit, you need to be standing 1 meter away from the tv to play this.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

^ That works. Now Ninty, include it in every controller package :P

superchunk said:
Guess I'll need a long hdmi cable so I can sit back further. Silly, but that is no different than other plug and play legacy devices like Atari and Sega.
bunchanumbers said:
We all used to play Smash with the Gamecube in the middle of the living room. It was practically on the coffee table. Either way I'm thinking of using a extension or a longer HDMI would work.
Goodnightmoon said:

The short gamepad wire can be solved by a long HDMI which maybe the console includes.

And you'll also need a longer micro usb cable to charge the device.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"