By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NES Classic Edition controller cords are only 3 feet long

Of course they go all Nintendo on something nobody else could possible screw up.

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Around the Network

To be honest, I'm not as interested in the NES Classic Edition as the PS4 Pro. Still, that was a weird decision Nintendo made. That cord should be twice as long.

Nautilus said:
Just one meter long?Goddamit, you need to be standing 1 meter away from the tv to play this.

Gotta be up close to admire all the glorious pixels! 

That defeats the purpose, what am I? A hobbit? Gimme at least 2 meters.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

TomaTito said:

^ That works. Now Ninty, include it in every controller package :P

superchunk said:
Guess I'll need a long hdmi cable so I can sit back further. Silly, but that is no different than other plug and play legacy devices like Atari and Sega.
bunchanumbers said:
We all used to play Smash with the Gamecube in the middle of the living room. It was practically on the coffee table. Either way I'm thinking of using a extension or a longer HDMI would work.
Goodnightmoon said:

The short gamepad wire can be solved by a long HDMI which maybe the console includes.

And you'll also need a longer micro usb cable to charge the device.

That depends on where do you have the conectors and how long is the USB included.

Around the Network
Hiku said:
S.Peelman said:
To be fair this is supposed to be a nostalgic experience, you playing your games just like in the good old days. That means sitting on the floor with your system in front of you. Not saying I wouldn't have liked longer cords, I would obviously, but I get the idea they're going with.

I wouldn't say that's fair because the real NES controller was about 3 times as long, and so some people, including myself, could sit on the sofa playing NES.

In the background: Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire, Yoshi's Island, Zelda OoT, there's Mickey

If it didn't say 3DS one could think that screen was taken in 2006 lol.

Also who's the cute chick?

Not bad, i have 25 feet HDMI & 5200mAh portable charger. It's cool, i like putting the console on the table in front of me, just like old days.

Or you could plug into the monitor in your office.

Lol....there's no power button on the gamepad, so, don't expect that, accept or not, it's your call.

S.Peelman said:
To be fair this is supposed to be a nostalgic experience, you playing your games just like in the good old days. That means sitting on the floor with your system in front of you. Not saying I wouldn't have liked longer cords, I would obviously, but I get the idea they're going with.

What are you talking about. The NES controller cords were longer than that. Only the Famicom had cords that short.

3 Feet.... jesus.... that's awful. I don't really care though, I'd be much more likely to buy an actual NES than this silly thing!

Who in their right mind thought Imperial system was a better idea?

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988