By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What will the NX be called, Prediction Thread!

Tagged games:

Nintendo NX name scheme?

Something from the distant past (NES2) 12 5.97%

Something from the more recent Eras (WiiU2) 11 5.47%

Something completely new (Nintendo - Sausage) 82 40.80%

Something iconic (The Nintendo!) 26 12.94%

The dev name... (NX) 51 25.37%

A more fleshed out dev na... 19 9.45%

Total:201
The_Yoda said:
Nintendo GOld

Wasn't that a magazine before... or a game seal or something, I know I've seen the name somewhere.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network

Nintendo Baby System

Wii New

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

HintHRO said:
Nintendo Baby System

Come on now, there's no need for that. Nintendo have done some great things over the last 100 years to deserve their place in the industry.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Ganoncrotch said:
HintHRO said:
Nintendo Baby System

Come on now, there's no need for that. Nintendo have done some great things over the last 100 years to deserve their place in the industry.

I've been a die-hard Nintendo fanboy since the SNES. I'm just incredibly disappointed with their current approach and games (2016 was the worst Nintendo year ever). Ubisoft's comment on NX that it will attract children makes me very sceptical. Makes it sound like another underpowered and overpriced gimmick. Miyamoto isn't helping Nintendo either. 

Around the Network

It will be called Wii-X (except in Germany)

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

I find it slightly strange that 25% of people think that the system will be called the codename, has there been a system in recent years which has remained it's Development name? I think DS was the only one which reverted back to a Dev name later on, but still the internal name for the system was the Nitro during production.

I mean look through Nintendos history to find the Revolution, the Dolphin or the Ultra 64, Or MS and seek out the DirectX-Box, the Xenon, Durango or even Project Natal, the thing is a lot of the time marketing is one of the last groups of people who get at a product while it is being worked on internally and they are the ones who pick the name for it which they believe will sell the most units, while things like Xenon sound great because that is the CPU which the X360 uses.... outside of Tech nerds it's just not an appealing name and doesn't fit into the brand of consoles.

I really really doubt it will just be titled "Nintendo NX" just based on the past.

(Sony can go to hell on this one... if anyone is shocked that the next PlayStation is called the PS5 they need a smack)

The Ultra Hyper SSJ5 Nintendo Entertainment System.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

For the love of god please make the Nintendo Sausage

It will be named WiiU-WiiU,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JElywbkSbY