By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - SEGA: Wii market bought our low-quality software

dark_gh0st_b0y said:
obvisouly refering to Mario & Sonic at Olympics, which sold 16m between 3 games on Wii

Yeah a lot of those mini-game-a-thons cleaned up during the Wii's prime years. Not so easy these days. 

Around the Network

The wii library was 97% shovelware

PwerlvlAmy said:

funny coming from the people that brought us Sonic 06

We don't talk about Sonic 06 at Sega. 

Kai_Mao said:
maxleresistant said:
They weren't alone. Nintendo is still trying to doing it with games like Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival or Ultra Smash.

We all know why though. Outside of Xenoblade X, Mario Maker, and Yoshi's Woolly World, Nintendo didn't have much for the Wii U the previous holiday. Thus, had to put out smaller projects. Maybe if given more time, they would've been more fleshed out. Alas, it didn't happen and they had to rush. 

There is no excuses to release crappy games.

I don't understand this... I thought Sega was one of the companies that actually put effort into their Wii games and was one of the few that tried to release more quality mature games on it. Madworld, House Of The Dead Overkill, The Conduit, Ghost Squad etc...

Around the Network
maxleresistant said:
Kai_Mao said:

We all know why though. Outside of Xenoblade X, Mario Maker, and Yoshi's Woolly World, Nintendo didn't have much for the Wii U the previous holiday. Thus, had to put out smaller projects. Maybe if given more time, they would've been more fleshed out. Alas, it didn't happen and they had to rush. 

There is no excuses to release crappy games.

Every company does this now and then. Nobody is perfect.

This guy's not going to be well liked.

First, he's trying to he's trying blame Sega's decline on the notion that in 2006, they went into creative decline because they could sell bad games on the Wii. The reality: Sega has been known as a company in financial and creative decline decline from 1996.

Second, he's shitting all over his own development staff. Including the team that did Sonic Colours, and implying that Sonic Heroes and Sonic 06 were better games.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

It's funny how those people continue to see no connection between the fact they were releasing garbage titles and the fact that market is gone.

The fact that Secret Rings sold 2 million is mind-boggling to me, that game is absolute shit.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Jumpin said:
This guy's not going to be well liked.

First, he's trying to he's trying blame Sega's decline on the notion that in 2006, they went into creative decline because they could sell bad games on the Wii. The reality: Sega has been known as a company in financial and creative decline decline from 1996.

Second, he's shitting all over his own development staff. Including the team that did Sonic Colours, and implying that Sonic Heroes and Sonic 06 were better games.

Panzer Dragoon Saga, Crazy Taxi, Jet Set Radio, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Super Monkey Ball, Yakuza, Total War, Valkyria Chronicles, among plenty others...

Not a sign of creative decline. Also, he's generalising. That doesn't mean he's saying everything they released on the Wii was garbage.

Seriously, your comments at times... -____-