By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - What is the Alt-Right?

fatslob-:O said:
Slimebeast said:

I just explained to you the difference. Alt-Right is a reactionary movement caring about the ideology of conservatism. It's reactionay against the huge dominance of cultural marxism and political correctness in Western society obviously, but also reactionary towards the mainstream right wing establishment.

Most right wing parties in the West today are infiltrated by essentially Marxist ideas about equality and social justice, and very aware of political correctness and hysterically afraid of being labeled as racist, intolerant, bigot, islamophobic etc.

What country are you from where you supposedly have right wing politicans that aren't politically correct (meaning the mainstream right wing parties, not nationalist parties which are Alt-right)?

Read this article and then tell me if you still don't accept the difference:
http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2016/03/29/an-establishment-conservatives-guide-to-the-alt-right/

That just means the right wingers fear political correctness, doesn't mean they don't oppose it ... 

You're a fast reader lol.

You have a point, but it's more complicated than that. One part is brainwash and one part is tactic.

Brainwash. The domination of Cultural marxism on Western society after the Cold War has been enormous. Nearly everybody is affected into their very own persona and mind so that you have a battle against your own thoughts, programmed thoughts from decades of propaganda to learn citizicens to become anti-racist and feminist. The result is that large parts of the mainstream right have sadly internalized Marxist values of equality and social justice, meaning that they believe in, or at least think they believe in, immigration from the third world, feminism values etc.

But another part is the tactics. Because of the infiltration of political correctness and resulting confusion the right has given up the whole ideological debate in fear of being labeled as racists and bigots. Instead concentrating on pure money issues. But a political movement can't survive without ideology. Many right wing voters are terrible at debating and discussing because we aren't trained to think ideologically like the left is trained. The Alt-Right and similar new conservative movements realize that an ideological war requires you to become ideologically aware. The right can't just rely on people voting on the Right wing because they think it gives more money in their pocket.

Around the Network
Slimebeast said:

1. She claims America is systemically racist. She has a policy to reward millions of illegal immigrants instead of deporting them. In general, in her speech and in her policies she criticizes white part of society and promotes minorities and immigrants, often at the expense of white people. She blames whites for all sorts of problems but never says anything negative about minorities or migrants. The grave accusations against the Alt-Right in her recent speech, pulling the race card all the time. This evil woman demonizes the white man.

2. Why would it be bad if the Japanese weren't the majority in Japan? Why is it wrong that I want to maintain Sweden Swedish? No one wants to be a stranger on their own shores. No one wants to be minority in his own land.

The US simply must have a mass immigration problem if according to the latest statistics, white Americans (as in non-Hispanic whites, which is an official US statistical category) have become a minority in the US, or are a few years away of becoming minority (I do not know exactly). Black people make up only 13%, so who else is making non-hispanic whites become a minority? It must be due to immigration.

Half a million yearly is not correct. Official numbers show that legal net migration to the US has averaged 1.2 million yearly since 1990.

And on top of that there's supposedly 12 million illegal migrants residing in the USA, which means that actual migration to the US has been roughly 1.7 million per year in the last 25 years, or 44 million people. That's certainly mass immigration.

1.  The US does have a race problem. It's not as bad as a lot of other countries, but it does exist and you can point that out without being anti-white.

2. "American" isn't an ethnic group. A child born to immigrant parents today is no less Ameircan than someone who's ancestors fought in the revolutionary war.

Sorry, I was incorrect. Though I'm seeing an average of about 940k according to the migration policy institute from 1990 to 2014. That includes both legal and illegal immigration. 

Beyond that, the vast majority of research on the subject shows that immigration has no negative effect on crime or the economy in the United States. 

So there isn't any real information to back the ideas that the alt-right is pushing.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Originally everyone on the right that opposed GWB aka the neocons. Not a unified group.

Just for fun:

Obama - "The future must not belong to the those who slander the prophet of Islam"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWEza4ghNNg

Mr Puggsly said:
SpokenTruth said:

Have you heard Trump speak?   They guy can't talk for 2 minutes without insulting, mocking, denigrading, disparaging or otherwise insinuating some negative connotation to various groups of people.  Do you know the only group he doesn't do that to?  I'll give you a few minutes to work on that.

I'm not saying he has perfect record of not offending people. Its also a matter of you interpret it, people spin everything Trump says.

Hilary however attacks people for supporting her competition.

Poor Donald Trump. Spending five years denying the president was born in the US and blaming his competition for starting the rumor afterward. If people would only understand his context!

Normchacho said:
Slimebeast said:

1. She claims America is systemically racist. She has a policy to reward millions of illegal immigrants instead of deporting them. In general, in her speech and in her policies she criticizes white part of society and promotes minorities and immigrants, often at the expense of white people. She blames whites for all sorts of problems but never says anything negative about minorities or migrants. The grave accusations against the Alt-Right in her recent speech, pulling the race card all the time. This evil woman demonizes the white man.

2. Why would it be bad if the Japanese weren't the majority in Japan? Why is it wrong that I want to maintain Sweden Swedish? No one wants to be a stranger on their own shores. No one wants to be minority in his own land.

The US simply must have a mass immigration problem if according to the latest statistics, white Americans (as in non-Hispanic whites, which is an official US statistical category) have become a minority in the US, or are a few years away of becoming minority (I do not know exactly). Black people make up only 13%, so who else is making non-hispanic whites become a minority? It must be due to immigration.

Half a million yearly is not correct. Official numbers show that legal net migration to the US has averaged 1.2 million yearly since 1990.

And on top of that there's supposedly 12 million illegal migrants residing in the USA, which means that actual migration to the US has been roughly 1.7 million per year in the last 25 years, or 44 million people. That's certainly mass immigration.

1.  The US does have a race problem. It's not as bad as a lot of other countries, but it does exist and you can point that out without being anti-white.

2. "American" isn't an ethnic group. A child born to immigrant parents today is no less Ameircan than someone who's ancestors fought in the revolutionary war.

Sorry, I was incorrect. Though I'm seeing an average of about 940k according to the migration policy institute from 1990 to 2014. That includes both legal and illegal immigration. 

Beyond that, the vast majority of research on the subject shows that immigration has no negative effect on crime or the economy in the United States. 

So there isn't any real information to back the ideas that the alt-right is pushing.

1. You're not advancing the discussion much by such vague statements. "The US has a race problem", okay. But how big is it? Hillary puts a lot of emphasis on the issue, as if it was so huge in importance that it shadows issues like crime and security. It's not.

2. But White is an ethnic group. Who said anything about Americans and citizenship? The topic from the very start was ethnicity and that white people are concerned about becoming a minority. White flight is a real thing. Many white people say these fancy things about everyone being equal and how they are against discrimination but they're all gonna move from their neighborhoods if they end up being a minority. In USA as well as in Sweden.

Okay, you try to downplay the immigration numbers I see. And yet somehow, perhaps it is some kind of magic then, whites have become a minority. In larger cities soon a tiny minority according to official projections. Some strange magic. But it's not due to immigration!

Yes, many things suggest that immigration is in many ways beneficial to the USA. But if it wasn't, would you think it was okay to be against immigration?

Around the Network
Normchacho said:
Slimebeast said:

Half a million yearly is not correct. Official numbers show that legal net migration to the US has averaged 1.2 million yearly since 1990.And on top of that there's supposedly 12 million illegal migrants residing in the USA, which means that actual migration to the US has been roughly 1.7 million per year in the last 25 years, or 44 million people. That's certainly mass immigration.

For both of you-

[ C I T A T I O N S  N E E D E D ]

If the "alt-right's" goal is to turn the clock back to 1950, they've already lost, regardless of what happens in this election.

Times have changed, even in America today over 50% of children under 5 are now non-white. I think the majority of kids under 10 actually have already hit that threshold by 2017. That is the future of the country, like it or not.

People are just going to have to learn to live with another. There's no burying your head in the sand and trying to pretend it's 1950 again.

And racism is still a problem, most people are racist to some degree. They understand rationally that it's a stupid thing, but they still subconsciously project racist beliefs. We are not all the way there yet, get back to me maybe in 100 years.

We live in a modern world of instant connectedness (internet, smartphones), a global economy, relatively cheap transportation to anywhere in the world, if those things existed in 1850, you can bet society would look very different today too. Something like the two World Wars probably never would've happened.

Slimebeast said:
KungKras said:
Basically a new word for neo-nazis.

Here you see the result of the Swedish education system, just like a told earlier.

Anyone who dares to oppose immigration is immediately labeled as a nazi.

The argumentation by the left is so intellectual and sophisticated.

Sometimes you gotta call things what they are.

When a movement says the same things that neo-nazis used to say, then I'll call them neo-nazis how much I damn well please.

I LOVE ICELAND!

What are the "alt right"? It's a group of very insecure and very scared white people.

RJ_Sizzle said:
Mr Puggsly said:

I'm not saying he has perfect record of not offending people. Its also a matter of you interpret it, people spin everything Trump says.

Hilary however attacks people for supporting her competition.

Poor Donald Trump. Spending five years denying the president was born in the US and blaming his competition for starting the rumor afterward. If people would only understand his context!

The birther thing is a stupid, Trump should just not talk about. And perhaps Hilary shouldnt call his supporters racist for not handing her their votes.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)