By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What benefit does keeping the NX a secret still have?

_Jameson said:
Maybe they just don't want to kill 3DS sales with Pokemon around the corner.

I think you might be on to something and it wouldn't shock me in the least. 

Around the Network
Dunban67 said:
I think they have kept the NX silent so far because they are either unsure how they want to "sell" it to the marketplace and/or they are still undecided on certain aspects of the NX itself- otherwise there is no benefit to not announcing sooner rather than later

Yes, this seems likely.   The only other reason I can think of is that they don't want to say anything until they can also announce a strong lineup of games in the launch window.  Maybe they're not at that point yet.  Maybe they're trying to bring more third parties on board, or something along those lines.  

If September passes and we have zero NX news, then I think it should grant being angry. Otherwise just be patient man. Making yourself angry over this isn't worth it lmao

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

VAMatt said:
Dunban67 said:
I think they have kept the NX silent so far because they are either unsure how they want to "sell" it to the marketplace and/or they are still undecided on certain aspects of the NX itself- otherwise there is no benefit to not announcing sooner rather than later

Yes, this seems likely.   The only other reason I can think of is that they don't want to say anything until they can also announce a strong lineup of games in the launch window.  Maybe they're not at that point yet.  Maybe they're trying to bring more third parties on board, or something along those lines.  

very possible-  it just feels like they are not ready yet, that there are 1 or more aspects of the NX and or its lineup that thet are not comfortable with yet

Why on earth they would show a weaker system now that wouldn't be available before several months (I guess 12), so the customer will jump ship and buy xbo and pspros? No, better keep fan on the hook.for the last 40 weeks people have being saying that next week they will announce. Relax and buy a pspro, or if you want hybrid a new iPhone + an Apple TV, you will be able to play Mario on the go and connect it to you tv on hd as well.

Around the Network

The fact there is an NX thread every hour is exactly why they should keep it a secret. You guys are foaming from the mouth whether you want to admit it or not.

In regards to the general public, the bigger splash they can make, the better! That means revealing close to launch is a preferred tactic.

The idea that you need 6-18months to market a box that plays games is hilarious. Give retailers enough time to accommodate your release, give developers enough time & events o show their games off and you're good to go. The NX is launching March 2017, so it's likely most of the games the press are talking about atm are not going to be on it. Another reason why an imminent announcement isn't needed.

Kerotan said:
Soundwave said:

So .... basically like the last four Christmases ...

Seriously though watch out for that Mini NES. 

In fairness the 3DS did well for a number of those holidays.  Although you could argue the 3DS isn't really competing with them.  

So many rumours, patents etc suggest the NX is a tablet In which case it's in a similar boat, arguably even more so if can be sold to "non gamers". From the haptic feedback & buttonless controllers to the recent attachable controller patent, it all points in the same direction. 

Microsoft will arrive 6 months afterwards with Scorpio… Nintendo probably fears that it makes a pale copy of their concept support by an untrue communication, Nintendo in a situation would be complicated, difficult to fight against the sweet talk

The stones on people in here that believe they deserve to be upset is pretty hilarious and entitled! No one is forcing you to buy the device or devices at launch, so what leads one to think that they should be upset because Nintendo isn't telling them something when the public wants to know...

The one thing that we know for certain is that you will be able to play games on this system, everything else just let it be a surprise or disappointment to you. At this stage of the game Nintendo isn't going to change anything because the Internet has a meltdown about something concerning NX.

Its only full 5months, if its launching in early march.

Yes it sucks that 5months from launching we barely know anything about it, and I think its a mistake from nintendos side if they dont announce it soon.