By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I'm officially a PC gamer.

Azuren said:

FPS =/= Gameplay

That said, if your frames per second are that important to you, then it would be beneficial to you to switch to PC.

I was bummed about no UHD Drive, but then I realized I'd likely only use it once and keep streaming. Otherwise, I'm stoked to play games in 4K-ish.

Gameplay = framerate

Play DS at 30 fps on consoles and then at 60 fps on pc, same with every game that needs precision.

Around the Network

Good on you mate, welcome to the PC community.

And yeah, my opinion on PS4 Pro.. I avoided because 4K is too early for me. I'll keep my original PS4 anyway.

Right now, i have 24 inch monitor with 1080P 144Hz which is smoother than 60fps, i'm so glad i enjoyed again like old days that i used to have my old CRT monitor supports up to 200Hz xD

im possibly the opposite, ive had my gaming pc since 2013 and used it so much i traded my ps4 early last year. but im missing all the console exclusives etc and getting a ps4 back tomorrow

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

I was once a pc gamer, but stopped gaming on PC. The combination of games not working due to some technical bs / online gaming community loves to cheat and play unfair. I had enough of it.

BasilZero said:
okr said:
I'm officially a PC gamer since 1992
(my first 5 games were Civilization I, Monkey Island I, Monkey Island II, Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis and Microprose's Formula One Grand Prix - those were the days of frequent masterpieces).

What I don't understand when I see threads like this (there's a similar one currently on neogaf), is the either/or approach.

For me there's no either/or.

In addition to my PC I will always buy the latest Nintendo console by default (for Zelda, Mario Kart, 3D Mario, Kirby, Yoshi, Pikmin, Xenoblade etc.) and I will even buy a PS4 some day provided it will ever get enough exclusives that interest me (currently it's only The Last Guardian and Ni no Kuni II).

Dayum sons.

You been a PC gamer the year after I got into gaming period lol

I been a console gamer since 1991 and a PC gamer since 2012. (Mobile gamer since 2014 too)

I agree with okr - there is no either/or - I'll always buy a Nintendo and Playstation system (got them all except for Vita - Really want a vita even for collector's sake if not for the games :P).

What was your first console? I got my Gameboy back in 1990
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4461856

Been PC gaming on and off since '93 through 9 PCs, although these past two gens I haven't been much of what people consider a PC gamer, just play a few digital games here and there on my laptop. Mobile gaming I started way back in '02 with the Nokia s40 series

And I also agree, it's never white and black, just shades of grey.

Game_God said:
TomaTito said:

With consoles converging to PC, I can see why some would just exit the closed systems and get an actual PC.

Ironic, a move Sony execs say themselves, was made to compete with PC is making PS4 gamers migrate to PC even swifter!!!

I've had PS1, PS2, PS3 but couldn't buy into Sony's crap anymore, felt more & more I was getting in bed with the pimp instead of the whore, if you don't mind my language. Sony wanted so much to be the new Microsoft that they surpassed the master by miles, I don't apreciate MS much but, I've come to really despise Sony, a brand & company that I enjoyed very much... I guess I'm not the only one, when we look at what Sony has become for the last 10 years, a shadow of its former glory!

I'm not really sure why you where warned for this, guess the tone, but obviously there are people who just "hate" companies for their actions such as Microsoft, Apple, EA, etc.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Around the Network

What is a unofficially pc gamer?

I went to consoles to get a more stable frame rate. That was in '05 though after I got tired of upgrading, just wanted something stable with no hassle. Never really stopped playing on PC, whatever interests me at the time.
I've lost interest in mods and competitive hardware so I'm an unofficial PC gamer or dirty casual dragging the Steam hardware statistics down.

Nowadays the edge between modern consoles and PC is minimal. Now you can connect your rig to tv or avr-tv setup, and play conveniently in your living room sitting or lying on sofa with any controller (steam or xbox controller or using k&m controls if convenient in your situation and position etc). Since 96 I always had powerful enough rigs to play PC games, but in 2008 I bought 40inch TV and decided to try modern console. And I was amazed how good and fun console gaming was. Pretty good graphics, convenient controller, coop-gaming etc. So after 360 I bought PS3 and Uncharted2 and was shocked with that masterpiece. So I stopped playing PC on my monitor sitting on chair. I fully switched to console gaming in my living room. X360, PS3, 3DS, PS4 etc. This year I built my new rig. Fifth in 20 years, bought long enough cables: hdmi and ethernet and hided it under floor moulding. So now my PC is near my couch and now I can easily operate it looking to my TV and listening from my multichannel spk system, playing every game on Ultra setting with 60+fps. So I compared for myself some graphics and overall gameplay performance for several games. The Witcher 3, GTA5, Fallout 4, Far Cry 4. The difference was significant except maybe for Fallout 4. And now I can continue to play racing games with my G27 setup. Now Im a bit sad about consoles.
So pc is far superior than consoles now and if the money isnt a problem then buy or build a pc now.
I dont know what to think about PS4 Pro now. Im a bit disappointed with console gaming now.

Hey thats two of us, after the ps4 pro reveal i have built myself a pc , gtx 1060 and i5 6600 16gb ram. Add me on steam if you like :)

josh261995

Wise move OP. Can you share to us an estimate on how much did you spend?

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile