By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I'm officially a PC gamer.

konnichiwa said:
Lawlight said:

And yet the PS4 keeps selling gangbusters so how does that work?

That is like saying why did Halo 3 early last generation became one of the best selling games while it was one of the ugliest games gamers don't care graphics? A higher interest in 60 FPS or higher performance by gamers will not affect sales that much but enough for Sony and MS to care otherwise the PRO/Scorpio will be a waste of investment for those companies.

I don't think Sony cares about 60fps. Otherwise they would mandate that all PS4 game run at 60fps.

Around the Network
Suke said:

After the PS4 Pro reveal, I was kinda depressed of where gaming was heading. I'm a pretty open minded person, so I was still curious about the Pro, but what killed it for me and force me to go PC was the fact that devs are still aiming for 30fps, sacrificing gameplay for graphics and I just had enough. I'm tired of 30fps, I want a new experience with games. Not trying to brag or start up any console war BS, curious what your feeling was after the PS4 Pro?

This seems silly to me and makes me question how old you are and how long you've been gaming. Devs have always been targeting 30fps since the start of the 3D era 20 years ago. Many of the greatest games like Ocarina of Time, Tomb Raider ran at 20fps or lower. There is never ever gonna be a time when 60fps is gonna be a standard, not even when Sony puts a i7 6700k in there, devs will always use the power for prettier graphics and more effects on screen, that's what sells, not fps.

Pemalite said:
Suke said:

With the PC model I bought, I plan to upgrade it to a GTX 1080, I'll be set for 10+ years 

http://www.microcenter.com/product/466266/GeForce_GTX_1080_AERO_8GB_GDDR5_Overclocked_PCIe_Video_Card

What's the rest of your PC?

And welcome to the PC Gaming Master Race, may all your games be good ones.

My pre built is XPS 8910, i7 6700, GTX 960 2GB GDDR5, 2 TB, 4.0 GHz

Don’t follow the hype, follow the games

— 

Here a little quote I want for those to keep memorize in your head for this coming next gen.                            

By: Suke

Lawlight said:
konnichiwa said:

That is like saying why did Halo 3 early last generation became one of the best selling games while it was one of the ugliest games gamers don't care graphics? A higher interest in 60 FPS or higher performance by gamers will not affect sales that much but enough for Sony and MS to care otherwise the PRO/Scorpio will be a waste of investment for those companies.

I don't think Sony cares about 60fps. Otherwise they would mandate that all PS4 game run at 60fps.

They can't really force that with the potato working inside the console. They might as well say "All games should turn off ingame physics".

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

KBG29 said:
Opposite for me. I am officially done with PC after the Pro event. I like the way the console industry is heading, and hope to see even more premium tier models in the future. I would love to see Sony put out a PlayStation under their Elevated Standards (ES) brand of premium equipment.

After the new 4.0 firmware, the PS4 OS is better than ever, and leaves me with now reason to ever head back to PC. I just preffer the premium, organized, and optimized experience of the PlayStation and Xbox over the mess that is PC.

I think you will find PC fun for a while, maybe evn find it is the right platform for you. Just don't miss out on the awesome console exclusives. As jaded as I am, I still make an effort to experience great games when they come, no matter what platform they are on.

I'm still keeping my PS4, Horizons look amazing and I'm super curious about the NX still. I know PC have its issues but I Read up on how to deal with them when the issues pop uo

Don’t follow the hype, follow the games

— 

Here a little quote I want for those to keep memorize in your head for this coming next gen.                            

By: Suke

Around the Network

Congrats, hope you enjoy the huge library PC has to offer

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

vivster said:
Lawlight said:

They can't really force that with the potato working inside the console. They might as well say "All games should turn off ingame physics".

Yeah, they can - they do it with PS VR, they certainly could with the PS4Pro. There's just not enough interest in it.

Suke said:
I'm officially a PC gamer.

Good for you

I'm a PC gamer as well. But also a PS gamer, Nintendo gamer and Xbox gamer.

No I didn't forget Ouya.

PC has so many advantages and with almost all the games coming to PC these days, even very niche Japanese games and the amount of exclusives on PC, not just indies but also games like Total War and Civilization not to mention all Xbox exclusives coming to PC in the best resolution and FPS basicly meens if your PC is fast enough you own a Scorpio

Pc gaming is getting better every year, free online and cheaper digital games have always been here, no storage limitations, fast loading times, better frames depend on your PC but generally, it will happen. You can make a good gaming rig for very little these days and with all the benefits, and almost no downsides, except missing a few games every year duo to exclusivity, its deff the best platform.

Welcome to the family, but whatever you do, remember not to hate others for their choices because wherever you game, Pc, XBox, Playstation Nintendo or even Mobile, its all up to that person to decide for themselves :)

Twitter @CyberMalistix

zero129 said:
Suke said:

After the PS4 Pro reveal, I was kinda depressed of where gaming was heading. I'm a pretty open minded person, so I was still curious about the Pro, but what killed it for me and force me to go PC was the fact that devs are still aiming for 30fps, sacrificing gameplay for graphics and I just had enough. I'm tired of 30fps, I want a new experience with games. Not trying to brag or start up any console war BS, curious what your feeling was after the PS4 Pro?

Welcome to the force luke. We been waiting for you xD .

You mean the Dark Side, right? ;)

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames