By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I'm officially a PC gamer.

antigin said:

I absolutely have no problems using my PC while lying on couch. As Zero said do not try to WORK on PC while lying, especially when you need to type a lot or modelling something precisely etc. I organized my living room so that now I can play and browse internet browsers lying with ease.

1. I can conveniently browse Internet using wireless mouse, read news, articles, forums etc.

2. I can instantly watch video files, any av coding, any container.

3. I can easily listening to music from any service, from preferable audio player any playlists, quickly making queues etc.

4. I can play turn-based games with wireless mouse very conveniently.

5. I can play any other game with Xbox/Steam/(or even DS4) controller in Big Picture mode.

---All of that while LYING on my couch.

It depends of the situation and organization.

So I picked a coffee table with specific height so the arm while using mouse was situated parallel to the floor and checked that the table isnt blocking the part of screen while lying and watching. I have wireless mouse. System DPI setting is 125%. Chrome is set to 150% page zoom.

6. I can type while sitting.

7. I still can play with k&m while sitting.

8. I still have a PCs in other room with kvm switch, monitor and chair. And as Zero said you can easily use Steam Link for your TV if needed (if you can't handle two pcs or dont want to).

Yikes! I definitely couldn't do that setup in my living room. The keyboard and mouse would be thrown down the hall in less than hour.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
outlawauron said:

Yikes! I definitely couldn't do that setup in my living room. The keyboard and mouse would be thrown down the hall in less than hour.

I had everything connected like that in my bachelor days. I could lie comfortably on my bed and play PC or console games on a CRT projector on the wall with a tv playing beside it cause why not.

Nowadays, I'm glad I can find the controllers at night. I had my tower in the living room a few times, too dangerous, after getting knocked over I left it in the home office. The coffee table is gone too, any small table for drinks is usually covered with lego and other stuff. At least they're past the stage of accidentally wiping my saves and putting sticky fingers all over my discs. PC in the living room, nah. Not kid proof. And I wouldn't dare putting my consoles vertical like that lol. There's something about gravity and kids, everything must fall on the floor at least once a day. Luckily the WiiU gamepad is one tough piece of hardware.

Anyway, kids keep you young and busy. Not much time or energy left for gaming anymore. PSVR is coming just in time, shorter more intense hassle free experiences is what I'm looking for. Although I'm afraid about the wires and how drop resistant it will be :/