By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Face it. It is over. Trump won.

Tagged games:

Trump or Hillary?

Trump FTW! 305 51.69%

Hillary all the way! 285 48.31%

Total:590
PwerlvlAmy said:
Normchacho said:

1. The President doesn't have the power to move or cancel elections.

2. In order to invoke martial law the President would need the permission of every state he wanted to declare martial law in.

3. Martial law doesn't give the President the power to circumvent the term limit or extend his term.

4. Nobody has the power to stop a President elect from becoming President after the elections. Congress would have to wait until she was sworn in, and then begin the impeachment process. Which, if successful, would make Tim Kaine President.

all you need to do is declare a state of emergency and bam election canceled.

''government or division of government (i.e. on a municipal, provincial/state level) may declare that their area is in a state of emergency. This means that the government can suspend and/or change some functions of the executive, the legislative and/or the judiciary during this period of time.''

''It can also be used as a rationale (or pretext) for suspending rights and freedoms guaranteed under a country's constitution or basic law. The procedure for and legality of doing so varies by country.''

thats all it takes 

That's just a general definition of what a State of Emergency is.

In the United States the only way to change the date of elections is through either an act of Congress or by governors on a state by state basis and even then only under very specific circumstances. 

Even if the elections were postponed by Congress until after January 20th Obama will still stop being President. At that point the Speaker of the house would become President at which time special elections would likely be announced and scheduled within 90 days.

There is no legal mechanism in the United States that would allow Obama to be President for more than 8 years.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Around the Network
Machiavellian said:

Naw, this does not fall into the President jurisdiction.

The President may declare a state of emergencyonly when "the life of the nation is threatened by war, invasion, general insurrection, disorder, naturaldisaster or other public emergency" and if the ordinary laws and government powers are not sufficient to restore peace and order.

Obama would still need to call for Martial Law and then he would need to get every state to accept it.  Its such a long shot that its not even close to being a reality.  Even if he could effect Martial Law, no armed force is required to do anything that goes against the constitution as is written already.  So nope this is still way way out there for any president to be able to do.

We are going to know very shortly 

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

PwerlvlAmy said:
Machiavellian said:

Naw, this does not fall into the President jurisdiction.

The President may declare a state of emergencyonly when "the life of the nation is threatened by war, invasion, general insurrection, disorder, naturaldisaster or other public emergency" and if the ordinary laws and government powers are not sufficient to restore peace and order.

Obama would still need to call for Martial Law and then he would need to get every state to accept it.  Its such a long shot that its not even close to being a reality.  Even if he could effect Martial Law, no armed force is required to do anything that goes against the constitution as is written already.  So nope this is still way way out there for any president to be able to do.

I mean...we will. But you say that like there's a reasonable chance you'll be right. Unless there's a military coup or Obama has secretly convinced Congress and every State legislature in the country to repeal the 22nd amendment. These elections will go just like all the others.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

'm afraid nobody will listen to your warnings because it's all so vague. I honestly don't understand what are you talking about. You talk as if something is very obvious, but then you don't say what that obvious is. Could you please elaborate and be more specific and concrete?

Well, it's obvious that people don't know what i am talking about and it's not my fault.

If People fail to pay attention to what is going on within their own country, it's their fault.

If People fail to do a simply research on those they vote on, they are doomed to be fucked over and they deserves to be fucked over.

You guys have forgotten the responsibility you guys have to protect your country from goverment corruption but instead of doing something about it, you rather stick your head down into the sand and talk about the next braindead entertainment.

If People need to "Ask or adress confusion" whenever someone say: Trump and Hillary are both playing you like the sheeps they think you are, it's time to do some research and end the confusion, i can't do that for you because i don't have that type of power, all i can do is to point you in the right direction.

Neither Trump or Hillary are interestet in saving you, Trump is a Socialdemocrat who runs as a republican nominee, don't that come off as strange to you? As Trump himself said: If i was to run for presidency, i would do it as a republican because Republicans are dumb enough to vote for him.

We all should know the Clinton family and their crime-cartell, if i have to go into details here, it only proves how dense someone can be.

I am on a smart-phone and i don't deem a conversation like this important enough to correct all the auto-correct errors, because "Stupid" don't listen, cause i am no Pokemon GO, So I am not distractive enough or "Hip" enough.. Yes i am a sacrastic bastard but for a very good reason.

PSN: Opticstrike90
Steam: opticstrike90

Face it. Hillary is best girl.

Around the Network
Normchacho said:
PwerlvlAmy said:

I mean...we will. But you say that like there's a reasonable chance you'll be right. Unless there's a military coup or Obama has secretly convinced Congress and every State legislature in the country to repeal the 22nd amendment. These elections will go just like all the others.

It can/might happen, like i said we'll see shortly 

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

MikeRox said:

Government "shouldn't" have anything to do with it. But Central Banks (not the same as the banks you are referring to) have everything to do with it. Banks cannot lend money which they don't have. No, they can't just "create" money. Central banks do that. It is true though, that there is not enough currency in most banking systems for the actually cash to be completely withdrawn, as much of it is digital fantasy. However the central banks are the ones that put it into the "system".

Yes, banks CAN just create money. If someone gets an credit from the bank this credit isn't based on money the bank has accumulated from other sources. It is written to the account as book money. True is, that these credits must be backed by some money the banks have from other sources. How much is not that easy to answer. For europe and the US the current rules are based in the Basel III agreement:

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basel_III

It's hard to understand, the rules are complicated. But basically the credits are money which is created out of thin air and backed by around 3%-5% money the bank has in reserve. this reserve money can come from a credit the bank took from another bank.

That the central bank isn't creating money alone (they do too based on the same principles) is clear, if you see that the central banks don't know how much money is in existance but make estimations instead.

Look here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Money_supply#United_States

The central bank controls the actually printed money (M0) and some deposits (MB). Other than that it is out of direct control for the central bank. M2 includes the money you have in your banking account. In the graphic you see how much more M2 (green) is in comparison to MB (blue). So M2 is mostly money that is NOT created by the central bank.

The situation in europe is similar.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

MikeRox said:
SpokenTruth said:

Regular banks sort of do create money.  It's called Fractional Reserve Banking.   They can lend 90-97x more than their reserves.  If a bank has $1,000, they can lend up to $90,000-$97,000 (depending on their require reserve ratio).

However this limit is set on them. They can't just indefinitely create infinite money. Hence that part falls on central banks and investor confidence with it.

The reserve can be money they have lent from other banks. So multiple banks can create indefinite money without a central bank. You're right though that at some point the confidence in credits goes away. But that point is far far beyond the money created and controlled directly by the central bank.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

Soundwave said:

Trump is the most dishonest person to come into politics in 30 years+++++. This whole thing about "they're both the same" is bullshit. They're not.

Well, Clinton is opting every time she has the chance for war. That alone makes her instantly a bad candidate in my book. I don't say Trump is good, but basically it boils down to Cholera vs. pestilence. Yes, we could argue for hours about who of the two is the lesser evil, but basically they're both bad. Fortunately the americans have other options: Jill Stein, Gary Johnson, Gloria la Riva...

I do not know Donald Trump. I can only form an opinion of the man based on what I have actually heard him say and what I have actually read of his writings. Based on these criteria alone I conclude that he is despicable. If he believes what he says and writes then, to me, he is in appalling individual. If he says and writes these things purely to attract a demographic that , in his estimation, gives him a chance of winning the election and he doesn't believe most of these utterances then he is even more despicable.

It will be a bad day for the U.S. and a worse one for the world were he to succeed.

Just my opinion of course!