By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Face it. It is over. Trump won.

Tagged games:

Trump or Hillary?

Trump FTW! 305 51.69%

Hillary all the way! 285 48.31%

Total:590
PwerlvlAmy said:
Machiavellian said:

The Justice department would have to be sitting on some bomb for this to happen.  Also it would have to be way before she is sworn in as there needs to be the whole due process.

They probably are, theres way too much to not indict her, so they could be waiting for the right moment(December)

Exactly what is there to indict her.  The Republicans has pretty much tried to do this for years and came up squat.  The Email stuff definitely not enough since being careless isn't a crime.  Naw, if there was a smoking gun, it would have gone off long ago.  Also from the way I see how Obama is going about things and how he has aged in the office, I am really not seeing him wanting another term.

Around the Network
SpokenTruth said:
MikeRox said:

Government "shouldn't" have anything to do with it. But Central Banks (not the same as the banks you are referring to) have everything to do with it. Banks cannot lend money which they don't have. No, they can't just "create" money. Central banks do that. It is true though, that there is not enough currency in most banking systems for the actually cash to be completely withdrawn, as much of it is digital fantasy. However the central banks are the ones that put it into the "system".

Regular banks sort of do create money.  It's called Fractional Reserve Banking.   They can lend 90-97x more than their reserves.  If a bank has $1,000, they can lend up to $90,000-$97,000 (depending on their require reserve ratio).

However this limit is set on them. They can't just indefinitely create infinite money. Hence that part falls on central banks and investor confidence with it.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Machiavellian said:
PwerlvlAmy said:

They probably are, theres way too much to not indict her, so they could be waiting for the right moment(December)

Exactly what is there to indict her.  The Republicans has pretty much tried to do this for years and came up squat.  The Email stuff definitely not enough since being careless isn't a crime.  Naw, if there was a smoking gun, it would have gone off long ago.  Also from the way I see how Obama is going about things and how he has aged in the office, I am really not seeing him wanting another term.

Trump is the most dishonest person to come into politics in 30 years+++++. This whole thing about "they're both the same" is bullshit. They're not. Trump lies virtually every day on different things, he does it so much that it's not even a big deal anymore. He does it so much he's even said publicly he could shoot someone in the middle of the street and not lose support. Like seriously? Think about that statement. 

He now is saying the birther thing on Obama is not a big deal, he threatened the president to release his birth certificate and then he would donate $5 million to charity if he did. Obama did produce the birth certificate. Trump being Captain Bullshit as he is of course has not paid a dime of what he claimed he would. Now he says Obama is born in the US period after 5 years of saying no he wasn't. This guy isn't full of shit, he is basically just that .... a walking mountain of shit. 

Release your tax returns buddy, let the American people see all the bullshit there, but he's never going to do that, meanwhile every one of Hilary's emails has been combed over by conspiracy theorists 15 times over and they've found nothing all that interesting. 

Trump's basically created a climate in which you can say anything. It doesn't matter. If it's wrong you just "haha, just kidding" afterwards or "Hilary started it". IMO he has already damaged the political discourse in this country if this is the new normal, no matter who wins. America is really become an Idiocracy. 

Machiavellian said:
PwerlvlAmy said:

you cant indict someone that has the feds in their pocket though.  But obama has eric in his pocket, so he alone has the power to indict her on everything

Not sure why people act like governments dont hide and protect people of power and that they'd definitely turn over evidence right away against someone lol

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

PwerlvlAmy said:
Machiavellian said:

The Justice department would have to be sitting on some bomb for this to happen.  Also it would have to be way before she is sworn in as there needs to be the whole due process.

1. The President doesn't have the power to move or cancel elections.

2. In order to invoke martial law the President would need the permission of every state he wanted to declare martial law in.

3. Martial law doesn't give the President the power to circumvent the term limit or extend his term.

4. Nobody has the power to stop a President elect from becoming President after the elections. Congress would have to wait until she was sworn in, and then begin the impeachment process. Which, if successful, would make Tim Kaine President.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Around the Network
Normchacho said:
PwerlvlAmy said:

2. In order to invoke martial law the President would need the permission of every state he wanted to declare martial law in.

3. Martial law doesn't give the President the power to circumvent the term limit or extend his term.

4. Nobody has the power to stop a President elect from becoming President after the elections. Congress would have to wait until she was sworn in, and then begin the impeachment process. Which, if successful, would make Tim Kaine President.

all you need to do is declare a state of emergency and bam election canceled.

''government or division of government (i.e. on a municipal, provincial/state level) may declare that their area is in a state of emergency. This means that the government can suspend and/or change some functions of the executive, the legislative and/or the judiciary during this period of time.''

''It can also be used as a rationale (or pretext) for suspending rights and freedoms guaranteed under a country's constitution or basic law. The procedure for and legality of doing so varies by country.''

thats all it takes 

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

SpokenTruth said:
MikeRox said:

However this limit is set on them. They can't just indefinitely create infinite money. Hence that part falls on central banks and investor confidence with it.

There is a limit but it's more a function of their reserves than the FRB.  As that loan is repaid, that can get loaned back out again.

The FRB limit is just the reserve ratio requirement which is the amount of deposits they must have on hand at all times.  But as a loan is repaid, that means the deposits grow with new money and the cycle continues.  The FRB limit is really a mininum rather than a maximum.  

I did have my numbers off a decimal in my previous example.  Even at a 10% reserve ratio, $1,000 is turned into $9,774.72 after 36 cycles. That's $8,774.72 is new money for every $1,000 deposited.  And they can keep doing that indefinitely so long as they retain 10% in reserve.  

Banks below $15.2 million in deposits do not require a reserve ratio at all. Between $15.2 and $110.2 million require a 3% reserve while any bank with greater must hold a 10% reserve.

I think we have different views of "printing money" in mine. I'm more thinking with the pledges from some UK politicians of £500b in investment on infrastructure pledges etc. Rather than the existing system already in place.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Why can't government spend money more wisely and then ensure the rich are taxed accordingly.

The idea of interest free debt seems to be just 'voodoo economics' such as reducing taxes on the rich boosts the economy.

In theory it works as we assume people are rational but we know government and people are not rational in reality.

PwerlvlAmy said:
Normchacho said:

all you need to do is declare a state of emergency and bam election canceled.

''government or division of government (i.e. on a municipal, provincial/state level) may declare that their area is in a state of emergency. This means that the government can suspend and/or change some functions of the executive, the legislative and/or the judiciary during this period of time.''

''It can also be used as a rationale (or pretext) for suspending rights and freedoms guaranteed under a country's constitution or basic law. The procedure for and legality of doing so varies by country.''

thats all it takes 

Naw, this does not fall into the President jurisdiction.

The President may declare a state of emergencyonly when "the life of the nation is threatened by war, invasion, general insurrection, disorder, naturaldisaster or other public emergency" and if the ordinary laws and government powers are not sufficient to restore peace and order.

Obama would still need to call for Martial Law and then he would need to get every state to accept it.  Its such a long shot that its not even close to being a reality.  Even if he could effect Martial Law, no armed force is required to do anything that goes against the constitution as is written already.  So nope this is still way way out there for any president to be able to do.

Why does everyone assume Trump is lying? He said conflicting things years ago before he was running? OKay, and his wife that accused him of reading Hilter speeches had redacted that and now plans to vote for him. So how about the reality that Trump has actually stood his ground on immigration this entire run. Where is the lie? Oh Mexico won't pay. Well, yeah he can force them to. America does have that kind of power believe it or not. So I don't see the issue.