By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4Pro was made to compete with PC - Sony Exec.

Tagged games:

Game_God said:
eva01beserk said:

Correction, the minoriy of elite pc users dont care, the majority of budget pc gamers do. so it is a matter of sales being debated here.

But what is a competition then? If there is nothing to be gain other than being called the best cuz the tatan x exist but nobody owns. then why compete t all.]?

On that, just read what Slimebeast wrote 2 posts above: "So you can easily buy a 1080 now where you live?

Here the 1080 is nowhere to be found, as soon as the online stores get them they're sold out for $900 and up. The 1070 is available but still in short supply why the cheapest cost $550. Even the RX480 still costs over $300 due to supply issues. After more than 3 months, WTH?"

In the real world PC gamers buy these expensive cards & in 1 year they will be much cheaper leaving PS4 pro where??? I'll tell you far behind in the rear mirrors...

Wyrdness post says it all: "This exec must be high because PC gamers will always opt for a PC, the's a reason consoles don't really directly compete with them."

SO you are saying that the majority of pc gamers are going to waita year and some for theese cards to lower in price so they can have ps4p performance witch is out soon, for a much higher price. Yes mate, that really makes sense.

You should really see the avove posts, one of them had a split of the users who buy high end products to mid to low, and was 3% high end, 11% mid and 86%maintream. 1070 and 1080 will apeal to that 3% most likely, while the 11% will wait a year or 2 untill it comes down in price. Thats where the pro is aiming. That 3% will never setle for consoles and everyone knows that. But fighting for 3% of a market is just a stupid strategy.

EDIT: reallycant say how acurate that info was from, but thats all that wwas shown.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Around the Network
Game_God said:
eva01beserk said:

sure thing dude.

Don't dude me, you are being rude in your last posts, this the last time I reply to you, enjoy your life & goodbye!

No you where being rude, so I responded in the same way to you. But I can ignore that and responded polightly on the other response you made.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

PC and console are two very different ecosystems so I don´t get why there would be a need to compete? Besides, you aren´t actually competing against anyone, since PC is an open platform that is shaped by it´s user, not a company? Kind of a weird statement from Sony.

All this "but mods" rhetoric is annoying. Id bet hard cash that 95% of steams user-base doesn't give a damn about them. Sometimes posters on the internet seem to forget just how niche their demographic is. Get back to Earth people.

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

SubiyaCryolite said:
All this "but mods" rhetoric is annoying. Id bet hard cash that 95% of steams user-base doesn't give a damn about them. Sometimes posters on the internet seem to forget just how niche their demographic is. Get back to Earth people.

"Reducing PC advantages to mod support" rhetorics aren't less annoying either.

Around the Network
zero129 said:
mutantsushi said:

He says:
“I saw some data that really influenced me,” he explained. “It suggested that there’s a dip mid-console lifecycle where the players who want the very best graphical experience will start to migrate to PC, because that’s obviously where it’s to be had.
"We wanted to keep those people within our eco-system by giving them the very best and very highest [performance quality]. So the net result of those thoughts was PlayStation 4 Pro – and, by and large, a graphical approach to game improvement.”

lol who are you quoting?.

......Andrew House, the Sony Exec quoted in the IGN/Guardian article referenced in the starting post of the thread...  

naruball said:

Dude, you're doing it worng. You're supposed to read the headline and not bother with what he actually said.
I mean, do you even internet? (/s)

But in all seriousness, it's nice to see that some people actually read the OP rather than use a sentence out of context
just to attack a company they clearly don't like as their posting history clearly shows.

lol

Problem is PCs are modular and a modular console would be a mess. Also, this thing will be outclassed by $500 machines in a year tops. Good effort and price for performance is pretty good for the PS4Pro right now.

If the PS5 releases in 3 years with full PS4 BC (this was the reason for going x86 right?) and the PS5Pro 3 years later and so on, I could see them keeping up with mid-tier PCs well enough to entice some PC gamers. I hope they never chase after the high-end and enthusiast crowd because we would just see costs skyrocket. They need to stay mass-market and focus on differentiating themselves via exclusives.

4 ≈ One

Still stuck in 30FPS due to 4K. they should have focused on 1080P-60FPS.

Birimbau said:

Still stuck in 30FPS due to 4K. they should have focused on 1080P-60FPS.

Console gamers don't really care about hitting FPS over 30.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Pursuing the graphics whores... Alright.