By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Which decade of Nintendo do you prefer?

The best is...

80s Nintendo 16 9.82%

90s Nintendo 97 59.51%

2000s Nintendo 34 20.86%

2010 - present Nintendo 16 9.82%

Total:163

And why?

Around the Network

2010- present because it´s the one I´m living :)
I was with Sony back then but in 2007 when a friend showed me the DS my life changed completely... :D
DS/3DS family for life n.n

2000s because i wasnt alive prior to that and the N64,GC,DS was some of my most played consoles when i was younger.

90's for sure. And I was a gamecube/game boy advance kid. I had to backtrack to the 90's to play that decade's games and Nintendo just had hit after hit, after hit on Gameboy-Nintendo 64. The SNES era is probably my favorite of that era. The games on that thing were just stellar.

2005-2015

Because Nintendo DS, 3DS and Wii U

but if I had to pick a proper decade, I would go 2000-2010 because of the NDS games

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network

Whenever Pokemon Stadium came out. Too lazy to look up when exactly lol

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

90s in terms of quality and its not close. The Super Nintendo and the Nintendo 64 have some of the best games of all time IMO. Super Metroid, Ocarina of Time, Mario World, 007 Goldeneye. Nintendo also actually had a lot of NES releases in the early 90s that were great

oh and the 90s were the time of the first Pokemon, what 96 or so

90's for nostalgia (at least I'm truthful).

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

90's because they were still at a high point for 3rd party support with the SNES, it was a JRPG machine and it holds the largest amount of memorable games for a Nintendo console from my personal perspective.

90s Nintendo and it isn't even close.

Super Mario Bros. 3 (North America/Europe)
Super Metroid
Kirby's Dreamland (creation of Kirby)
Super Mario 64
Super Mario World
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Zelda: Link to the Past
Zelda: Link's Awakening
Earthbound
GoldenEye
Banjo-Kazooie
Donkey Kong Country (creation of DKC series)
Donkey Kong Country 2
Pokemon Red/Blue (creation of Pokemon)
Killer Instinct
Super Mario Kart (creation of Mario Kart series)
Mario Kart 64
Star Fox (creation of Star Fox series)
Star Fox 64
F-Zero (creation of F-Zero series)
F-Zero X
1080 Snowboarding
Wave Race 64
Blast Corps
Super Mario RPG

etc. etc. etc.

Plus great Squaresoft exclusives like Final Fantasy V, Final Fantasy VI, Chrono Trigger, great third party support for the SNES era, good exclusivity deals like for the Star Wars games, Ken Griffey Jr. MLB baseball games, Kobe Bryant with NBA Courtside, etc. etc.

Nintendo was a far more balanced and diverse company in the 90s, great Japanese support, great Western support, good variety of genres. People who grew up with Nintendo in the 2000s sadly missed out, believe me being a Nintendo fan in the 90s was way, waaaaay better. Nintendo had a Game Of The Year type game pretty much every year for the 90s (Mario 3 '90, Mario World '91, Mario Kart '92, Star Fox '93, Donkey Kong Country or Super Metroid '94, Earthbound or Yoshi's Island '95, Super Mario 64 '96, GoldenEye '97, Zelda: Oot '98, '99 was a bit weaker but had the Pokemon craze).